First outing this year

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Weddings, birthday parties and special occasions aplenty took up some time this year, no complaints as I really enjoyed them all.

Tomorrow I get away for my first caravan trip of 2017, only 3 days, not too far, but very much looking forward to it.

Will post update later.

Will I forget to pack something :unsure: (who cares :lol: ).

May 24, 2014
Visit site
our first trip is still weeks away, off to grantown in May, then Dordogne in June, 3 weeks each. Nothing in the summer and then start again in Autumn, think somehow we have got this the wrong way round.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Easter is our first one this year, weekends in May, June, July, a week in August, 10 day's Sept, weekend in Oct

Then put Him back to bed :( :( :( :( :( :(

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
.........first trip this year was 34 nights and a 2812 mile tow and I got a sun tan :whistle:

I'm going off you..........................34 nights in one hit , thats more than my 31 for the whole year :(

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
We're on our 4th.trip this year, at Chatsworth for a day or two. Caravan service next week. (Ps. On CC site as said at Chatsworth, - last time here 2013, this time 1st. experience of new CC signage, so totally indistinctive and under whelming missed it, down to the roundabout and go back to it! Would never have missed the old sign, or is it 'Spec savers' for me?))

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Our first outing for 2017 will be in just over a weeks time when we visit Chew Valley Caravan Park for a midweek break to give the new (to us) towcar a spin.
We haven't visited that site before but we've often seen in mentioned on this forum.

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Parksy said:
Our first outing for 2017 will be in just over a weeks time when we visit Chew Valley Caravan Park for a midweek break to give the new (to us) towcar a spin.
We haven't visited that site before but we've often seen in mentioned on this forum.

It's adult only, so you'll have to behave yourself :p
Do they not pitch your van for you? Is the tug kept in the car park? or am I thinking of somewhere else us family adventurers of the new generation are excluded from :p :p

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
What tug did you go for Parksy?

I bought a 2009 Kia Sorento XS, 89000 miles and full service history to replace my 1997 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8 lwb which I will be sorry to part with. I haven't towed with the Kia yet though

KeefySher said:
Parksy said:

It's adult only, so you'll have to behave yourself :p
Do they not pitch your van for you? Is the tug kept in the car park? or am I thinking of somewhere else us family adventurers of the new generation are excluded from :p :p
I don't normally choose adult only sites but we're a retired couple and this site is close to Bath, a place on our 'to do' list and an easy tow down the M5 for us.
I believe that you're right about the pitching and the car park, not really a fan of others handling the caravan but we'll see how it goes.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
So what happens at Chew Valley, if like a lot of folk you carry a lot of your equipment in the car, do you have to carry it from the car or can you drive to the pitch after the staff have pitched it. ?
Are Motor homers allowed to drive around or are they locked in.

Edit. Just see on their website, that you can breifly drive in front of your van to unload,
Have a good Outing Parksey, we still haven't got out this year yet.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
From what I can gather, hourly car hire is available for motorhomers and caravanners unload the car before moving the car to the car park.
I've never been to this site but don't envisage any problems or difficulties.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Parksy said:
I don't normally choose adult only sites but we're a retired couple and this site is close to Bath, a place on our 'to do' list and an easy tow down the M5 for us.

Enjoy you trip Steve :)

Some info ......... Bath is a congested city as regards traffic and parking as you may know.
This free Park & Ride might be easier and the 10 minute bus ride is also free if you have your English senior citizen pass ( after 9am)
It is on the west side of Bath on your route in from Chew Valley and there is a good pub on the river next to the car park

You must book yourself in here if you like bathing / swimming :cheer:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up Bill, we do have senior citizens bus passes and I'll look forward to seeing the area from the bus instead of having to concentrate on driving. :)

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Nice river trips that you may enjoy too. Don't forget to go to Sally Lunn's for a bun. A particular favourite of mine is the cinnamon butter one with an extra side of clotted cream.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'll have to persuade Herself to have one and to describe it to me Martin :(
The buns must be delicious but I'd crash the weight watchers points barrier for the entire stay if I had one (or two) :woohoo:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Nice river trips that you may enjoy too. Don't forget to go to Sally Lunn's for a bun. A particular favourite of mine is the cinnamon butter one with an extra side of clotted cream.

This (disgusting) clotted cream thing is getting every where :evil: :whistle: :evil:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just put on a 3 lbs due to a Funeral upt North. And came home to a Weatherspoons Snake and Pigmy Pudding. . Get the weight back down ove4 the nextntwo weeks.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Currently relaxing at Wheathill near Ludlow, a past Woosie venue.
Steve.
The facilities at Bath Chew Valley are excellent.
Access to the the pitches is tight so the wardens move your caravan into place and get it level for you.
A five minute walk up the lane takes you to the local pub. Red Lion I think.
Hope the Sorie performs well :)

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Dusty wrote - "Access to the the pitches is tight so the wardens move your caravan into place and get it level for you" -- That sounds like a good enough reason to me to not use the site !? :(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts