first time caravanner + buyer

Mar 26, 2006
Visit site
Never done it before - really fancy it though as have 2 small children and we love outdoor life, so plan is to buy a cheap but tidy caravan ie £1,000 to £1,500 and use it in summer to see if we should invest in a new one.

Want to do a course on towing first but could do with any advise available from those who have done the same thing, I know its a long subject but any suggestions welcome.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ruth,

Welcome to the world of caravanning.You can download a lot of useful information from the Caravan Club and the Camping & Caravanning Club Web sites without having to be a member.

Try and go round as many dealers as possible to see different layouts.....it is very much a personal thing when it comes to choosing what you like.

Read as many caravan magazine articles as you can.Our son and his young family have just taken the plunge,and now the computer is red hot with questions and answer sessions !!!

You could maybe get more answers if you post in the General Section. Best of luck.

Maureen

Mar 26, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ruth,

Welcome to the world of caravanning.You can download a lot of useful information from the Caravan Club and the Camping & Caravanning Club Web sites without having to be a member.

Try and go round as many dealers as possible to see different layouts.....it is very much a personal thing when it comes to choosing what you like.

Read as many caravan magazine articles as you can.Our son and his young family have just taken the plunge,and now the computer is red hot with questions and answer sessions !!!

You could maybe get more answers if you post in the General Section. Best of luck.

Maureen
Thanks so much for your suggestions - much appreciated.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
ruth.

i am in the same position as you, i keep changing my mind and "him indoors" is not best pleased!

1 minute im 100% fixed bed and then next minute im End washroom with front bed.....

i am eating/sleeping/dreaming caravans at the moment.

this time next week we should have one.

like eveyone else says - trawl the dealers for an idea of layout and once you see a layout you like try and find a private sale with all the bits and bobs thrown in.

dont forget to look out for damp - thats what everyones told us!

Sep 25, 2005
Visit site
The caravan club does towing courses - they do 2 - one for the beginner and one for those who have some experiance already. Have a look on their web site.

I think its about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts