Fishing at Bunree

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Great site stayed a few years back twice.

Family next door had a boat and outboard and spent most of their hols on Loch Linnhe and caught mackerel and sea trout in abundance.

They treated us to some fresh mackerel.

Did not see anybody fishing from the shore whilst we were there

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
stayed on site last year,husband was looking forward to a spot of fishing from bank side,which he tried but had no joy.Too rocky & weedy.Beach casting gear would help,so would a small boat.Did sample the mackeral on the barbi,thanks to a fellow caravanner.

On our last night there we witnessed one of the most spectacular sunsets ever.Great site

enjoy lyn

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi thanks for the replies,really looking forward to Scotland we have never been in the van before,we will see if we can find somewhere local for fishing ta

Andrew.

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Andrew

Have stayed at this site many times. Fishing is very good at Corpach where the Caledonian canal joins loch. Have caught 15 - 20 mackeral there on more than one evening using mackeral feathers and best was 5 at one time. ( Good on the barby later) Also good at car park side of Loch Linnhe as you enter Fort William but you have to pay there to park car

Tight Lines

Graham

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Andrew

What kind of fishing are you looking to do? Fresh water or sea angling? Two very different so if you can narrow it down I might be able to help as I do a lot of sea angling in Scotland.

Dougy

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Dougy

We normally do course fishing,but on holiday we have had a go at boat sea fishing.I was hoping to do either from the side of the loch at Bunree or local to site cheers,

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Andrew

I have no clue about course fishing but if you try sea angling you can go to the long stay car park in Fort William and fish from there. You can catch dogfish (Lesser Spotted Dogfish) from there as well as Thornback Rays. Idealy you want to be using fish bait cocktails, mackerel and squid are good for thornies and dogs.

You might want to take a look on Worldseafishing.com

There are forims on there and if you do a search on the Scottish section for Fort William you will find numerous posts about fishing in that area. Just put on the search bar what area you plan to fish and there will be plenty of posts.

If not, get back to me and I will find out more from the guys fishing in that area.

I hope this helps

Dougy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts