Flag poles

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have seen some vans on site with what looks like a fishing rod (maybe it is a fishing rod) used for a flag pole. We actually want this for home as the kids had a hugh pirate flag for Xmas, anyone know where we can get one and how small they go (just in case we want to take it on site)!

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Thay tend to be Carbon Fibre telescopic fishing poles as they collapse down & have very little weight. We have one and have a Cow windsock which we fly at Rallies.

Most people attach then to the hitch with a clamp, not sure how you would use one in the garden, would it stand up to high winds?

You can get them at Decathlon stores, probably most fishing places and stalls at local markets & caravan rallies.

Caroline

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To use in a garden, just hammer a spike into the lawn and drop the bottom pole onto it - a typical spike would be similar to that holding orange mesh around roadworks - if it has a hook on top, cut that off.

Apr 15, 2006
Visit site
They are called fishing poles, I have a 9 metre one that folds down to 1 metre, weighs about 1 kg. I use it for my flags outside the van when I go to F1 races.

Cost me

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
I have had one break in the wind, easy to repair though-

cut the broken piece out of the section and then push the narrower section back up inside the wider section.

You lose about 2ft but otherwise you will not notice.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
OK, thanks everyone for your replies...

Look out for the large pirate flag!
visiting friends who were seasonal caravaners, we noticed a large pole with a fish windsock on the top ,when we passed comment about it we were told the said caravan owners were swingers.when the fish was up they were "up for swapping".well it taks all i suppose but flying fish are not our scene.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts