Fleetwood Colchester 4 berth

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My sister has just bought a 6 year old Fleetwood Colchester 4 berth with an end bathroom. Apparently it is in mint condition. Any views, either for or against please? Any advice much appreciated. Roz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a 6 year old Fleetwood Countryside 4 berth which is an end kitchen model. I absolutely love it to pieces. Bought it second hand last year and has been great. The build quality is a bit rough in places, but the space inside is great. We have had no problems at all until last week, when we had a water problem! but this could have happened on any van. Which model is it. I emailed Fleetwood for a brochure from 1999 and they sent to me by return. Our is a light ash wood, which brightens up the van, and like a say, and end kitchen with loads of workspace. The toilet/shower is small, but plenty of room to shower etc. Beds comfy, easy to make up. Good all round van.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a 6 year old Fleetwood Countryside 4 berth which is an end kitchen model. I absolutely love it to pieces. Bought it second hand last year and has been great. The build quality is a bit rough in places, but the space inside is great. We have had no problems at all until last week, when we had a water problem! but this could have happened on any van. Which model is it. I emailed Fleetwood for a brochure from 1999 and they sent to me by return. Our is a light ash wood, which brightens up the van, and like a say, and end kitchen with loads of workspace. The toilet/shower is small, but plenty of room to shower etc. Beds comfy, easy to make up. Good all round van.
HI Janet, thanks for that. I was beginning to despair of anyone giving me advce on this van.

I'm not sure which model it is and because my sister lives some distance away, I haven't had chance to see it yet. She had looked at quite a few vans but she said this one just felt absolutely right. This is the best guage I know for buying either a house or a caravan.

I shall pass on your comments to her as she hasn't yet found this website and become a complete caravan anorak. It's only a matter of time though! Best wishes, Roz

May 20, 2005
Visit site
A week last Friday we traded in our Fleetwood Garland 165-5 which we bought new in 1990. 15 yrs of trouble free caravaning went back to the dealer 2 days after and it had been sold so I hope the new owners have as many happy days in it as we did.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul, thanks for that. She has had her first weekend away in it at Holgates in Lancs and we had a great time. It is almost like new and in superb condition. NO problems at all. Best wishes, Roz. PS What is your new van?

May 20, 2005
Visit site
Its a small world I was staying on the other side of Silverdale at Gibralta farm taking the first trip in our new ABI Pioneer Rallyman I cant afford Holgates although its a lovely site first went over 30yrs ago when its was mainly tents and tourers.

The new van is nice but some of the "improvents" over our 1990 Garland are not to my liking, for instance the water system they use smaller bore pipes and bib taps takes ages to fill the sink, also the 12s plug wiring is daft (see thread in technical ).

Hope she had a good time, the weather was great once the wind had died down and the sunsets were stunning as usual. A beautiful place and for once we caught fish from the rocks which was the icinng on the cake.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts