FLIES.

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
Can you help please. We have just come back from Scarborough and the caravan is full of dead flies that are encrusted onto the mouldings at the front and back of our caravan. Tried the usual caravan cleaners and scrubbed at them but they aren,t for moving. Ground in. Erica.

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Erica

Just come off the phone from Holland to the inventor of Kemdirect to ask him what was the answer to your question of how to remove the flies.

He said... that this warm weather is the problem but as the weather changes and becomes wetter and the surface of your caravan becomes wet you will have more joy of removing them. it is the protein from the flies which causes the problems as it is very sticky and during the very warm weather it sticks to the surface of your caravan.

Now, if you wish to try and remove them now, he suggests that you use a wet spong and put a nylon stocking over top and use his kemdirect shampoo...or try the one you are using at the moment.

You may need a lot of patience to remove them but it is possible.

If you then use Kemdirect Shampoo it will put a shiny solid surface onto your caravan and you will not have this problem in the future.

If you have no joy and want more information from him.. or us then go to his web site www.kemdirect.nl and send him an email and hopefully he wil be able to assist you further.

I hope this helps you and you manage to remove the little sew n sos !!!!

Joyce

Mar 18, 2006
Visit site
Hi Joyce, Thanks for the info. We will certainly give this Kemdirect shampoo a go. Can you buy it from the caravan shops.
try putting cling film on the windows before your leave site this will help with some of the cleaning???????

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Erica,

If you go to Halfords, there is an Autoglym product "Active Insect Remover" that softens flies and other squashed beasties.

Robert

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Erica

If you look under "Black bits in the loo" I have replied to Maureen with most of the details of where and how you can obtain Kemdirect so I hope this will help you also.

Joyce

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts