FOA CliveV

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Clive

Don't know your e-mail address but some news for you.

seems the investigation into http://www.stopurban4x4s.org.uk/ is complete as at this time the site is not found in any DNS records or available from the net.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Domain Name System

Any time you need my help Stinky - you know you only have to ask.

If you get stuck on anything else - you may want to "google it" first - may save the embarrasment on your part.

Kind regards

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Almost, you seem to have copied it wrong from the web page. It resolves URLs or user readable domain names into IP addresses.

The fact that it could not be found on a DNS (Domain Name Server) was because the ISP (Internet Service Provider) they were using was down. Technical reasons.

5/10 See Me!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
OK

the comparisons used by the site where deemed as biased by the crown copy write who own the data

The site published copy write material owned by Universal Studio's without permission

The site breached its ISP UAP under the inciting hatred clause

allegedly

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Pete

DNS service is a database that stores ip address and real names. the fact the url exists is because the we see's it as real names.

Trust me, this I know

The ISP was not off line today as I used their services at the same time the site was offline. Or do they not provide their own DNS service? The reason why it could not be found is that it has to be deleted from one DNS service before it can be transfered to another.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The definitive DNS server entry is held at the hosts site, the DNs are cached at each ISP and browser but if the TTL is over and the definitive server is down, the URL cannot be resolved.

Trust me, I know.

I guessed the the cached DNS was down, you got me on that one.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Pete, I considered that and tried other services reported to be fed from the definitive server. then just to make sure I VPN into one of our data centers and then used a terminal server to check from there. Our DNS servers reported that the link to the host DNS server was active and that no record existed after a nslookup. I then set the TS server to use the host ISP dns server as its primary DNS and checked again, just to make sure there was not a conflict within our databases

Still, you should be happy as its back up, its teeth are not so sharp but it is up. That is until I find some other infringement and report that as well

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Pete, I considered that and tried other services reported to be fed from the definitive server. then just to make sure I VPN into one of our data centers and then used a terminal server to check from there. Our DNS servers reported that the link to the host DNS server was active and that no record existed after a nslookup. I then set the TS server to use the host ISP dns server as its primary DNS and checked again, just to make sure there was not a conflict within our databases

Still, you should be happy as its back up, its teeth are not so sharp but it is up. That is until I find some other infringement and report that as well
You did all that on your own Steve? If your comming to the "meet", make sure you have quite a few beers before you meet me, it's the only way were going to be able to talk on the same level!

I.T. Such small letters, so much confusion....

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
You did all that on your own Steve? If your comming to the "meet", make sure you have quite a few beers before you meet me, it's the only way were going to be able to talk on the same level!

I.T. Such small letters, so much confusion....
I hate computers and try not to talk about them outside work. Currently I am working on a system with 110,000 users and the last thing I want is to mention it to someone who I find works for the company and have had some sort of problem.

Anyway, I have a dog, kids, 4x4 and a twin axle, so I will be avoiding all contraversal discussions on the meet as I have no intentions of sitting on my own sulking.

I think conversations are more likly to be based around beer, bbq's, beer, burgers, beer, steaks (Serloin) and beer.

Oh and girls, for some reason that one always appears when drinking ;-)

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts