ford focus cc-3

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
hi there we are debating a new tow car and wondered if anyone knows if you can tow with the above? (with it being a convertable)

the kerb weight is a hefty 1630kg and it is a 2.0 deisel with 136bhp and 251lbs/ft of torque.

we only have a sprite alpine 4 with a weight of 1216.

we just fancy something that when we are away and if the weathers nice we can drop the top and go out for the day.

thanks Graham + Sally

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
According to the data that I have, a Ford Focus CC with the 2.0 diesel has a maximum permissible towload of 1400kg, so it should be quite capable.

Sep 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Do yourself a favour and do not buy one they are plagued with major water leak problems thru the convertible hood, I know cos i work for a main ford dealer ok, spend your money else where ok.

Thank You Andy

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi before you buy ask the dealer to spray the car with a hose with you inside.

Chances are he will refuse as most of them leak like sieves.

This applies to most manufacturers coupe cabriolets.

We had a Pug 307cc that stated in its handbook not to pressure wash it.

Duncan

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been driving a CC3 for the last 9 mths and never had any problems with water leaks. Its true early models had problems with the roof seals and water could seap in. However this was corrected on recall. As the model is due to be phased out by Ford (because of a brand new Focus being launched early next year) there are some terrific deals available from new!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts