Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Scott,

Using the figures for the old Galaxy and Arizona (from PC tables) gives a text book 85% match. Your new Galaxy has a more powerful engine and the kerbweight is probably up on the old model so it will be even better. If you also have the new Arizona, lucky boy, then things are probably all square again. Incidentally PC give the old car 4 stars and a tow limit of up to 2tonnes.

Happy towing

Hi guys,Thanks for the info.My Arizona is 2002,Its very nice thanks.BTW Kanga I am trading in my 4x4 Freelander which is smaller than the Galaxy and has better MPG than the Freelander,and here is the rub m8 there is only my wife and I with a 4 berth cravan and a 7 seater car.That must realy p**s u off.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
stupid question to ask after you have ordered one, ask before you order, better off with a kia sedona,cheeper, better spec, better engine, heavier weight 2000kgs and more reliable,more room inside

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
Hi guys,Thanks for the info.My Arizona is 2002,Its very nice thanks.BTW Kanga I am trading in my 4x4 Freelander which is smaller than the Galaxy and has better MPG than the Freelander,and here is the rub m8 there is only my wife and I with a 4 berth cravan and a 7 seater car.That must realy p**s u off.
so scott, you are trading in a freelander for a galaxy, which does more mpg than the lander, less co2, so pollution is less. It stops quicker than a lander, handles better, and if it side impacted another car the galaxy has bumpers at the correct height and also has crumple zones to lessen the impact. what is there to piss me off? it seats severn? so what? and just what has a 4 berth van got to do with? No mate you have made an excellent choice

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Scott,

Good choice loads of car for the money, lots of dealers in every town and you can remove all the seats when it comes time to shift a sofa doors etc. Just by it in a metallic colour. Extra

May 5, 2005
Visit site
got a 130 would love a 150 but Galaxy's seem to lose as much as Kias or Hyundais,still am very [pleased with it pull a 1500 kg van (Jewel) with no probs but be careful reversing on soft ground as slave cylinder is inside clutch housing and overheating can overheat fluid and give problems.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Scott, you will be pleased as punch with the galaxy, i traded my galaxy tdi 115 a few months ago for an alhambra tdi 130 but had the dealer upgrade the engine to 150 bhp. I tow a ace celebration 590 twin axle at the moment but did tow a coachman laser twin axle before which weighed over 1600 kgs which was over 95 % match, the alhambra has exactely the same engine and gearbox and i am led to believe that all the vw seat and ford models are made at vw's factory in spain so they all have the same build quality. my galaxy gave faultless service over the two years i had it the only problem i ever had was the side indicater lenses have a tendency to fall out ?. my alhambra now has 2500 miles on the clock and i have just returned from the isle of white with the ace in tow, its a 250 mile trip for us and we made it to site having used 2 thirds of a tank of diesel at a cost of 38 pounds which equated to about 32 miles to the gallon, the car towed like a dream absolutely rock solid at 55 - 60 mph in sixth gear and 1500 rpm. I was lucky enough to find my alhambra at a dealer that was going out of buiseness so i got a very good deal and a hole host of options including full climate control, cruise control, dvd sat nav sytem and electric folding mirrors plus sport suspension and 17 inch alloys. we could live without most of the options but the sport suspension is superb for towing, the galaxy did have a tendancy to lean quite a lot round corners but the alhambra on sport suspension is very sure footed and gives a lot of confidence when towing, if its not too late ask the dealer if you can have it fitted. when having your tow bar fitted opt for the brink detachable, its completely invisible when not towing and worth 100 pound more esspecially with the reversing sensors which pick up fixed tow bars and annoy the life out of you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve, are you seriously suggesting that the Kia Sedona is a better vehicle than the Galaxy? Doh!
For towing, the Sedona makes an exceptional case for itself, and as they say "one mans meat is anothers poison".

Scott, you will be pleased as punch with the galaxy, i traded my galaxy tdi 115 a few months ago for an alhambra tdi 130 but had the dealer upgrade the engine to 150 bhp. I tow a ace celebration 590 twin axle at the moment but did tow a coachman laser twin axle before which weighed over 1600 kgs which was over 95 % match, the alhambra has exactely the same engine and gearbox and i am led to believe that all the vw seat and ford models are made at vw's factory in spain so they all have the same build quality. my galaxy gave faultless service over the two years i had it the only problem i ever had was the side indicater lenses have a tendency to fall out ?. my alhambra now has 2500 miles on the clock and i have just returned from the isle of white with the ace in tow, its a 250 mile trip for us and we made it to site having used 2 thirds of a tank of diesel at a cost of 38 pounds which equated to about 32 miles to the gallon, the car towed like a dream absolutely rock solid at 55 - 60 mph in sixth gear and 1500 rpm. I was lucky enough to find my alhambra at a dealer that was going out of buiseness so i got a very good deal and a hole host of options including full climate control, cruise control, dvd sat nav sytem and electric folding mirrors plus sport suspension and 17 inch alloys. we could live without most of the options but the sport suspension is superb for towing, the galaxy did have a tendancy to lean quite a lot round corners but the alhambra on sport suspension is very sure footed and gives a lot of confidence when towing, if its not too late ask the dealer if you can have it fitted. when having your tow bar fitted opt for the brink detachable, its completely invisible when not towing and worth 100 pound more esspecially with the reversing sensors which pick up fixed tow bars and annoy the life out of you.
Hi Icemaker,Thanks for the info it was very reassuring as I get my car on Monday,and getting a Brink fitted tomorrow buy the dealer.Too late to get the sports suspension but I am used to a bit of body roll with my Freelander(will miss that car).You have done well with yours re all the toys,the 2 things I will miss is the power fold wing mirrors and an opening rear window.Thanks again it made me feel sooooooooo much better about changing my Freelander.

Steve sorry m8 but hell would have to freeze over b4 I would buy a Kia....good luck with yours.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
The voyager has a very low 1600 kg tow limit for such a big car and has a much higher fuel consumption than tha galaxy alhambra sharan trio so it looses out in most respects.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Voyager is as big if not bigger than most 4x4's, so you get the same hight, width, length of say, a Shogun, Trooper, Discovery but none of their inherent ability! As Icemaker states the tow limit is pretty pathetic compared to a vehicle that was made with towing as part of its design brief.

Kanga - I do not want to reopen the sillyness but I am genuinely interested in why you would think such a large vehicle is "OK" when others better suited to towing are not?

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Guys

looked at the galaxy,way overpriced, did my driving course in one at work,if you like sitting with your knees on your chin then go for it ,there was five of us in the back and it felt cramped, Chrysler voyager,again ,overpriced,parts expensive ,alot more gizzmo's to go wrong !! Had never seen a sedona,happened upon it out lookin,knew straight away it was idealyou can feel the power in the engine,the seating is fantastic, everyone has a full size captains seat,all individually removable,has basic spec,aircon etc but what else do you need,for same in Galaxy probably4k more,but as you say each to there own!

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Good morning Tina, i do not know how much sedonas are to buy as i never looked at them as a chap up the road has one which is now about three years old, he has not had any major faillings with the car but has had lots of little annoying build quality issues and the engine seems to be quite loud. We paid 17000 for our alhambra with the spec that i have listed above and even though i was trading a galaxy ford could not touch seat on price despite the fact they are the same car, seems crazy does'nt it.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Icemaker

dont get me wrong am not slagging the galaxys,I think if your taking kids then they are great, I have two little ones, a 15yo who always wants to bring a mate and I always take my dad when I can persuade him,so the sedona won on the seating hands down,got the built in dvd as part of price ,so with metallic payed 14k, had a W plate which I traded in which was great,no problems,Yes you can tell the build quality is a bit below par,but its annoying rather than a problem,(incidentally the engines are made by mercedes)

Anyway did you give me a toot yesterday !!! way hay !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts