Forest Holidays Aviemore

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Its great planning our main caravan trip this year in the (Summer!)Does anyone know anything about Glenmore site Aviemore? How close is it to Loch Morlich?Children are 6 and 3 and we are awaiting delivery of our new caravan which is adding to the excitment! Any other recomendations welcome-Scotland.Thanxxx

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
We haven't actually stayed on Glenmore site but we know the Aviemore area really well. Depending on where your pitch is I reckon its about a 5 minute walk (max) to Loch Morlich. It's in a beautiful area - the loch has a beach with a tearoom above the watersports shop. Sitting at a table on the beach drinking tea - and eating home made cakes is amazing!! There is so much to do nearby for all your family - steam train rides, reindeer feeding, fishing, craft shops, canoeing etc.......

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
We haven't actually stayed on Glenmore site but we know the Aviemore area really well. Depending on where your pitch is I reckon its about a 5 minute walk (max) to Loch Morlich. It's in a beautiful area - the loch has a beach with a tearoom above the watersports shop. Sitting at a table on the beach drinking tea - and eating home made cakes is amazing!! There is so much to do nearby for all your family - steam train rides, reindeer feeding, fishing, craft shops, canoeing etc.......
Thank you very much, Annie. That is actually very helpful. I think we will probably go for that site for our main holiday and it sounds like there is so much to do in area-thank you for that information too. Its really nice to get away as a family. Have a good year too!

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I'll second that - I'm not familiar with that site, but I know where it is as we have a timeshare lodge at Dalfaber Golf & Country Club in Aviemore.

If you like a quiet long walk, and especially if you have dogs, I can really recommend Loch An Eileen, which is about a ten minute drive from that site...

Dale

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I'll second that - I'm not familiar with that site, but I know where it is as we have a timeshare lodge at Dalfaber Golf & Country Club in Aviemore.

If you like a quiet long walk, and especially if you have dogs, I can really recommend Loch An Eileen, which is about a ten minute drive from that site...

Dale
Thank you Dale. We do like walking very much. I hope you have a nice year at your timeshare and otherwise.

Cara

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
The toilet blocks were completely rebuilt a few years ago, very good facilities. the beach is a 2 minute walk from the site (obviously depending on pitch you are on) and is very gently sloping (you will have a job to get out of your depth in most of the loch). there is a very good woodland type play area. You also have fantastic 's wowoodland for the children to explore - our grandchildren are 2 and 5 love the site, the only fence is on the road side of the site so it is easy for the children to play in the woods just by your pitch. You can hire canadian canoes from the water sports centre on the beach complete with life preservers (our two love to go out for an hour in the canoe). You have the forestry centre just across the road with an interactive display aimed at your children's age groups. There is also the reindeer centre just across the road complete with a santa's elves workshop. There are usually a few reindeer at the centre but there are also daily trips up the mountain to see the deer being fed, if you are lucky you will see wild ones at the top car park of Cairngorm. There is a good swimming pool in Aviemore (7 miles away) plus a reasonable shopping centre. For poor weather there is an indoor play area at the Coylumbridge hotel. So - great place for a family holiday. Hope you enjoy it as much as our family do. In fact we are off to Glenmore next week for a few days during my grandson's half term.

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Thankyou very much Jan. Your posting has been very helpful and informative. I really want to take the kids there. We will probably book soon . We love having something to look forward to and it`s great about what you said about the Loch and the reindeer. I, personally, will love a trip up the Cairngorms, never mind Amy and Kyle wanting a pet reindeer!! Enjoy your half-term with your grandson, thanks again,

Caroline

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
Know the area very well and as others have said nice toilet blocks, very close to the Loch and a Childrens play area close by. Havent stayed on the site though, we prefer Rothiemurchus which is a wooded site beside the river and 15 min walk into Aviemore .

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
The toilet blocks were completely rebuilt a few years ago, very good facilities. the beach is a 2 minute walk from the site (obviously depending on pitch you are on) and is very gently sloping (you will have a job to get out of your depth in most of the loch). there is a very good woodland type play area. You also have fantastic 's wowoodland for the children to explore - our grandchildren are 2 and 5 love the site, the only fence is on the road side of the site so it is easy for the children to play in the woods just by your pitch. You can hire canadian canoes from the water sports centre on the beach complete with life preservers (our two love to go out for an hour in the canoe). You have the forestry centre just across the road with an interactive display aimed at your children's age groups. There is also the reindeer centre just across the road complete with a santa's elves workshop. There are usually a few reindeer at the centre but there are also daily trips up the mountain to see the deer being fed, if you are lucky you will see wild ones at the top car park of Cairngorm. There is a good swimming pool in Aviemore (7 miles away) plus a reasonable shopping centre. For poor weather there is an indoor play area at the Coylumbridge hotel. So - great place for a family holiday. Hope you enjoy it as much as our family do. In fact we are off to Glenmore next week for a few days during my grandson's half term.
Hi Ian,i have just contacted Glenmore,regarding booked Hol on Fri 13 feb..The warden told me they have 12 inches of snow underfoot. I also need to dig my own way in.They have no grit. Night temps are around -16 to -18 and there is a lot of ice on site as well.Do you live near to site ? Just trying to get a better overview of conditions without endangering my family.Sounds grim,do you know of any other sites open nearto,travelling from BlackpoolThanks for any help...Terry

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts