Forum Names

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Point taken - its a bit like the old West Country joke about asking directions and being told "best not to start from here" If you think its funny to be accused of what I have then I look forward to hearing how you and your family deal with it.

It was just getting back to "normal" when the belligerents opened up again despite the best efforts of the Moderator to control things.

And before anybody derides my right to having my say having been accused over the last few months of:-

a) Being stupid

b) Sucking up to another forum user

c) Being a bully on the road

d) Being an environmental terrorist

c) Being a paedophile

by this individual, supported by others, I have lost patience with them. Not even the Moderator banning them stoped their aggressive bullying.

Unfortunately for them if they knew me better and my history they would have thought twice about doing what they did. I am a laid back individual until someone "pokes me" without reason.

Ask yourselve the question - how would you and your family react to you or one of your family being accussed of being a paedophile.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I could not agree more. My wife has been in tears and my solicitor has been more angry than I have ever seen him.

I will not put into words what my too sons have said they will do to SP if they ever find out his identity.

AND THIS ON A CARAVANNING FORUM

it is enough to make you weep

Jul 29, 2005
Visit site
I bet your wife has been in tears, what with publishing pedo jokes instigating sex with underage kids. I bet your wife laughed at your sick joke didn't she? I bet really she would be mortified to read what you published.

Yeah go ahead and try to sue stinky for libel, I would like to see you make that one stick. I hope for your sake your filthy rich because it will cost you a fortune to get someone in court and then try to prove what you think is right.

I bet you haven't thought through what it will entail, firstly having to get a court order to get the email address and having the just cause to do so (do you no good anyhow as I suspect that most email ads are from free providers and who gives their real identity to them?) so thats the first cost to you. You then try to get them in court (more cost, a lot of cost) and you will have to prove that their statement is not the truth.

Do you really want your private life in the courts? just think of what the neighbours would think!

As for your solicitor, he needs counselling, an angry solicitor, don't make me laugh, if and its a big if you ever talked to a solicitor he is just taking you for a ride for your money, your a big loser!

Stop all this bluff and bluster, being pompous (disembowling people) just get on with your life, stop posting silly jokes that would embarrass most people, apologise to those concerned and enjoy your caravanning?

Jul 29, 2005
Visit site
Forgot to mention this Clive. How are you going to prove that Stinky called you a pedo? The reason I ask this do you know for sure that he actually typed this? was it someone else impersonating him? Was it spyware on his computer and someone else took his identity? as spyware does with all other details (usually bank) on a users computer? Was it someone else who knew his/her log on? can you say for certain it was actually stinky and on oath in a court of law?

Jul 29, 2005
Visit site
I just had another thought! sorry to perplex you! but the laws of libel are about the defamation of character but as you are only a name in a forum and no one knows who your are or anything at all about you, how can you prove defamation of character? Just a thought, run it by your angry solicitor before you spend thousands to no avail.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ah! Now we have it. For sanity Prevails - read Stinky -Pete , Capt Kanga or one of the other anti's.

Your all the same - twisting the facts to suit your own twisted version of reality.

I am not sure how many more times I need to explain to you but the joke did not advocate underage sex - quite the reverse. Those that read it did NOT interpret it in the way that you anti's have.

The reason why you are doing what you do is because in a debate I can run rings round you because I use facts and you use fantasy. I stand by what I said earlier because it clearly upset you. In a formal debate I have the skills to verbally disembowel you. The evidence is here before us.

Such a cheap shot proves the point

Because I have managed to make my point heard over your pathetic rantings - you have decided to pick on one joke and quote it out of context to try to scare me off.

It's pathetic. As I have said before - if you have to resort to these sorts of tactics you have lost not just the augument or debate, but 100% of the plot as well.

Sanity Prevails??? - you wish.

You lot are showing your true colours.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I bet your wife has been in tears, what with publishing pedo jokes instigating sex with underage kids. I bet your wife laughed at your sick joke didn't she? I bet really she would be mortified to read what you published.

Yeah go ahead and try to sue stinky for libel, I would like to see you make that one stick. I hope for your sake your filthy rich because it will cost you a fortune to get someone in court and then try to prove what you think is right.

I bet you haven't thought through what it will entail, firstly having to get a court order to get the email address and having the just cause to do so (do you no good anyhow as I suspect that most email ads are from free providers and who gives their real identity to them?) so thats the first cost to you. You then try to get them in court (more cost, a lot of cost) and you will have to prove that their statement is not the truth.

Do you really want your private life in the courts? just think of what the neighbours would think!

As for your solicitor, he needs counselling, an angry solicitor, don't make me laugh, if and its a big if you ever talked to a solicitor he is just taking you for a ride for your money, your a big loser!

Stop all this bluff and bluster, being pompous (disembowling people) just get on with your life, stop posting silly jokes that would embarrass most people, apologise to those concerned and enjoy your caravanning?
Pathetic rant from a Capt Kanga clone by the looks of it

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Forgot to mention this Clive. How are you going to prove that Stinky called you a pedo? The reason I ask this do you know for sure that he actually typed this? was it someone else impersonating him? Was it spyware on his computer and someone else took his identity? as spyware does with all other details (usually bank) on a users computer? Was it someone else who knew his/her log on? can you say for certain it was actually stinky and on oath in a court of law?
ooh! another one - can't sleep? Shame!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I just had another thought! sorry to perplex you! but the laws of libel are about the defamation of character but as you are only a name in a forum and no one knows who your are or anything at all about you, how can you prove defamation of character? Just a thought, run it by your angry solicitor before you spend thousands to no avail.
I woulds take more water with it if I was you. Looks the Friday night session got the better of you.

I would check your facts before engaging mouth. But that is something you guys have always had difficulty with isn't it

You will not scare me off - the wheels are in motion.

Not surprized you are running scared.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Billy

Are you the 'retired police inspector'?

If so I would have thought that you wouldn't have even had to ask that question if you get my drift.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dear Mr/Mrs Moderator

There are other methods of identifying registered users other then their email address contry to what 'Sanity prevails' claims. You IT department should be aware of them but if you would like to discuss them please feel free to contact me.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Point taken - its a bit like the old West Country joke about asking directions and being told "best not to start from here" If you think its funny to be accused of what I have then I look forward to hearing how you and your family deal with it.

It was just getting back to "normal" when the belligerents opened up again despite the best efforts of the Moderator to control things.

And before anybody derides my right to having my say having been accused over the last few months of:-

a) Being stupid

c) Being a paedophile

by this individual, supported by others, I have lost patience with them. Not even the Moderator banning them stoped their aggressive bullying.

Unfortunately for them if they knew me better and my history they would have thought twice about doing what they did. I am a laid back individual until someone "pokes me" without reason.

Ask yourselve the question - how would you and your family react to you or one of your family being accussed of being a paedophile.
Clive, really, you need to calm down. The joke wasn't that bad, and I presume most others took it in the way it was intended, there are worse in the chitchat room still. I was one of those supporting you in the 4x4 debate, so no need to get confrontational with me and yes I do have experience of people (no names, no pack drill) being accused of paedophilia. My point is, you are doing more harm than good to the Forum at the moment. If you wish to continue in your legal action, please proceed in a private fashion. The last thing we need is for anyone giving advice or helpful hints to be held accountable in a court of law; it's a small step from where you are now, so as the great philosopher Bart Simpson said, "quit it!"

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I said I wouldn't post here again and haven't. I only came onto this site today as a last look before remiving it from my favourates.

Clive, it's not me making the postings, I've said I'm sorry to you if I caused you offence and I meant it: I've read the post over and over again but I can't see how it can read that I acused you of child abuse but I'm sorry if you did. Not because of the threats (I'm in a cybercafe with a free email account anyway).

Please note that I will not, ever, be posting here again.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

a) Being stupid

c) Being a paedophile

I disagree - What harm can I possibly do to this forum by having a go at the persistant bullies determined to ruin it.

"all it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing".

The only reason they accused me as they did is because I (and others) stood up to them and insisted that our views were as relevent and as objective as theirs. This they did not like and they went onto make a ridiculous but potentially very damaging accusation.

UK law applies to this medium as much as any other. If you transgress you may have to explain. If you deliberatly step over the line on several occaisions after already being banned by the organisers and then are stupid enough to do what has been done here - then there is only one word for it. "Doh!"

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

a) Being stupid

c) Being a paedophile

You are missing the point Clive, fine if you want to go ahead and sue, do so. What you don't have to do is broadcast the fact all over the forum. What happens next? Say for example, Lutz turns round in his usual helpful nature and recommends a type of tyre to someone. That tyre then ruptures with terrible consequences so that "someone" decides to sue Lutz for telling him to buy it. Far fetched? No, just another small step along the path you are travelling now. You say you like a good debate and that you can hold your own, use that skill to defend yourself and others. Legal action is like saying "ah, I can't take anymore they finally got to me". So have they? Have you given in and handed it over to the big boys?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I disagree - What harm can I possibly do to this forum by having a go at the persistant bullies determined to ruin it.

"all it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing".

The only reason they accused me as they did is because I (and others) stood up to them and insisted that our views were as relevent and as objective as theirs. This they did not like and they went onto make a ridiculous but potentially very damaging accusation.

UK law applies to this medium as much as any other. If you transgress you may have to explain. If you deliberatly step over the line on several occaisions after already being banned by the organisers and then are stupid enough to do what has been done here - then there is only one word for it. "Doh!"
Still disagree. The point you make is a good example of the flaw in your augument. I read some of Lutz's recommendations and get worried because the info he gives is not verified in any way. There have been examples where the info Lutz gives has been challenged by others.

If people want to put themselves and others at risk by not obtaining official data then that is their choice.

However if one of my family was injured due to sombody getting misinformation from an amateur on a Forum rather than getting proper advice from the manufacturer then what choice would we have then?

I have not missed your point - I understand what you are saying - I just do not think what you say has any validity.

What is said on this Forum is not above the law - if it is then the door is left open for any idiot to provide misinformation, abuse, hatred of any group with impunity. Therebis evidence in spades of late that some individuals are truly vindictive and will go to extreme lengths to get their "kicks".

I think Lutz is only trying to be helpful but he gives no reference as to where his information comes from - nor does he have a rider that states that this information is given in good faith but the author can take no responcibility for its accuracy. As a businessman I have to have such a rider on all our 'faxes and emails. Without it my Professional Indemnity Insurance would be invalid.

I also think doing what Lutz is doing - considering the increasingly litigeous world we live in - is either brave or foolhardy. I am not sure which.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

a) Being stupid

c) Being a paedophile

Still disagree. The point you make is a good example of the flaw in your augument. I read some of Lutz's recommendations and get worried because the info he gives is not verified in any way. There have been examples where the info Lutz gives has been challenged by others.

If people want to put themselves and others at risk by not obtaining official data then that is their choice.

However if one of my family was injured due to sombody getting misinformation from an amateur on a Forum rather than getting proper advice from the manufacturer then what choice would we have then?

I have not missed your point - I understand what you are saying - I just do not think what you say has any validity.

What is said on this Forum is not above the law - if it is then the door is left open for any idiot to provide misinformation, abuse, hatred of any group with impunity. Therebis evidence in spades of late that some individuals are truly vindictive and will go to extreme lengths to get their "kicks".

I think Lutz is only trying to be helpful but he gives no reference as to where his information comes from - nor does he have a rider that states that this information is given in good faith but the author can take no responcibility for its accuracy. As a businessman I have to have such a rider on all our 'faxes and emails. Without it my Professional Indemnity Insurance would be invalid.

I also think doing what Lutz is doing - considering the increasingly litigeous world we live in - is either brave or foolhardy. I am not sure which.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

a) Being stupid

c) Being a paedophile

Good argument Clive, and it does in a way prove what I am saying. So much of your case is valid, in fact I would go as far as the vast majority is valid, however you're glossing over the reason of having this or any other forum on the interweb. People look to this forum for advice, camaraderie and general knowledge. They are not here to fight the good fight in a litigious way. Their demands are simple, a place to go where members can chill and be among members of the caravan fraternity. They don't want to be held accountable for everything they say and do in the forum and if someone exercises their right to use legal avenues this place will be deserted within weeks. However I am not here to argue and see only one way to resolve this problem and that is I would to let a third party adjudicate. I would like to involve the Moderator, and let his/her word be final. If the Mod says yes it would harm the forum, would you consider what I have said, and if the Mod says "nah not gonna hurt it", I'll shut my big fat gob, ok?

On a lighter note, I know he doesn't like caravan, but isn't Clarkson a driving god! (Top Gear Tonight)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good argument Clive, and it does in a way prove what I am saying. So much of your case is valid, in fact I would go as far as the vast majority is valid, however you're glossing over the reason of having this or any other forum on the interweb. People look to this forum for advice, camaraderie and general knowledge. They are not here to fight the good fight in a litigious way. Their demands are simple, a place to go where members can chill and be among members of the caravan fraternity. They don't want to be held accountable for everything they say and do in the forum and if someone exercises their right to use legal avenues this place will be deserted within weeks. However I am not here to argue and see only one way to resolve this problem and that is I would to let a third party adjudicate. I would like to involve the Moderator, and let his/her word be final. If the Mod says yes it would harm the forum, would you consider what I have said, and if the Mod says "nah not gonna hurt it", I'll shut my big fat gob, ok?

On a lighter note, I know he doesn't like caravan, but isn't Clarkson a driving god! (Top Gear Tonight)
Thanks Lol - Sorry but I am a trekkie (really sad isn't it) and slopped off to watch the penultimate episode of Star Trek Enterprise.

Your point about the Moderator is a good one and from what I now understand the frustration on their part at what has happened of late.

The very real fear is that if this forum becomes an expensive joke for the publishers in that it is taken over by a small group of extremists rather than being used by caravanners for caravanners then they will pull the plug.

I certainly do not want that to happen and I am sure neither does the editorial team. The infamous article on sink drainers showed how valuable the forum is both to us as the consumers and PC as the provider.

But it only works if the users of the forum are representative.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

a) Being stupid

c) Being a paedophile

Thanks Lol - Sorry but I am a trekkie (really sad isn't it) and slopped off to watch the penultimate episode of Star Trek Enterprise.

Your point about the Moderator is a good one and from what I now understand the frustration on their part at what has happened of late.

The very real fear is that if this forum becomes an expensive joke for the publishers in that it is taken over by a small group of extremists rather than being used by caravanners for caravanners then they will pull the plug.

I certainly do not want that to happen and I am sure neither does the editorial team. The infamous article on sink drainers showed how valuable the forum is both to us as the consumers and PC as the provider.

But it only works if the users of the forum are representative.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts