Forum Names

May 19, 2006
Visit site
Some choices of names on this forum could be construed as offensive. I, in particular, don't like the toilet humour line taken by the B.... F... and the Lord B....W.... nom de plumes.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I've always said that "you can call me what you like but never call me late for breakfast"

nick names are just a bit of fun sure some get a bit close to the bone, others are shortened versions of christian names Cris, nick,tom, steve etc.

I often spell Brian wrongly as Brain just to wind up a mate at work especially when he has goof'd.

A bit of fun is what makes the world go round.

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
lol

I stole my name from a similar name on the simpsons tv show Homer became max Power. I get to be Trip Hazard another good sounding go getter american name pmsl yeh im easily amused.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Personaly i dont find his lordships name offensive and he does contribute a lot to this forum. By the way I think he must be on Hol,s as things have been quiet of late.

What i do find offensive is the Fng and worst of such so called entretainers like Jonathon Ross /Graham Norton /and their IlkON NATIONAL tv.But i digress as thank god they do not contribute to this forum Coljac

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Personaly i dont find his lordships name offensive and he does contribute a lot to this forum. By the way I think he must be on Hol,s as things have been quiet of late.

What i do find offensive is the Fng and worst of such so called entretainers like Jonathon Ross /Graham Norton /and their IlkON NATIONAL tv.But i digress as thank god they do not contribute to this forum Coljac
Fng?

May 4, 2005
Visit site

F'ing perhaps ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

I thought "Flipping new guy" myself, Brian.

Hows the search for a new, more peaceful life coming along?

May 4, 2005
Visit site

Very slowly Lol,working 11 hour days doesn't leave time for much else, still off for 2 days now ;O)

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I take it I am the offensive B.... F... mentioned in this topic!

I only changed it 'cos there were too many Marks when I joined, making it confusing. I'm Scottish, so Braveheart = Brave-F... - sorry if it offends you Dusty, but I really dont see what the problem is with a bit of wind?? or perhaps you blow flowers?!

If any Moderator feels it is offensive then please e-mail me and I'll change it, otherwise it stays.

Mark (",)

Sep 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I take it I am the offensive B.... F... mentioned in this topic!

I only changed it 'cos there were too many Marks when I joined, making it confusing. I'm Scottish, so Braveheart = Brave-F... - sorry if it offends you Dusty, but I really dont see what the problem is with a bit of wind?? or perhaps you blow flowers?!

If any Moderator feels it is offensive then please e-mail me and I'll change it, otherwise it stays.

Mark (",)
Wind is a fact of life, Mark (in this house anyway...)

Oct 19, 2005
Visit site
I am certain that Haymarket would have intervened had they any misgivings about User Names.

Compared to other internet forums, or is it Fora?, the names used here are very mild indeed.

So many previously "taboo" words have become encompassed within everyday language now, so much so, that most have their own place in the Oxford Dictionary.

Like most things in life, as boundaries are pushed, mainly by the media, and various images, words and sayings become more and more "everyday" words, it becomes more difficult to find things which actually offend "most " people.

On sites, there are many words used, especially when Awnings are being put up which could offend, but as the majority of people let out an expletive when hammer meets thumb, it is nothing more than a throw away comment.

This is , after all, a Caravan forum, not a temperance movement.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Roger, find a significant minority who are offended, and maybe Haymarket will make some changes.

Personally I do not find the names even slightly offensive, much worse is heard being shouted in Supermarkets, High Streets and childrens playgrounds than is on this site.

Also, dont forget, a minority can have a great influence, you only have to see how few people voted this Government back into power, and the problems the majority have had to put up with ever since.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Hearing this sort of language frequently doesn't make it any less offensive.

Our society, not just caravanners, seem to have adopted an acceptance of anything that a few people do as "normal".

I don't do drugs, carry a knife, or swear - I suppose that makes me very unusual these days - but I'm no saint believe me!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Long time no visit and no wonder.

Nice to see the same old bigots starting shiny new topics!

Makes a change from maniac lorry drivers and those damned four wheel drives.

The term 'get a life' comes to mind. There's a campsite out there with your name on it.

Hola to those I get on with. ;o)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What I don't like about forum names on this site is that they can be duplicated. I have posted on this site as Dusty since before its current format although I admit not as often as I used to. Now suddenly another Dusty has been allowed to appeared:-(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts