** FRANCE summer 2008 **

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi everyone

Just thought we really should start to sort this out before everywhere gets booked up.

Who's interested - and when would be good (school hols etc)?

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree Lolly, I believe Steve has already started work on this but not many on the forum know bout it. Some background.

At the Easter meet, we were having a great time. It dawned on us that it would be nice to have a main holiday together instead of rushing around at a weekend. We wanted somewhere new to go, somewhere where we all had to travel and could experience something different. The long and short of it, we ended up with a proposal of France. So that is where we are planning our 2008 main holiday.

Think about it, you haven't been abroad before because you didn't want to go alone. So now is the time to try, none of us have been there before with our vans so it's new to everyone, one great adventure. We do need to start planning now, though. So if there is anyone out there that is interested, let it be known. Any suggestions will be welcome too.

PS, nice to have met you again Lolly and Stuart, did you manage to see the Lamas?

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
I agree Lolly, I believe Steve has already started work on this but not many on the forum know bout it. Some background.

At the Easter meet, we were having a great time. It dawned on us that it would be nice to have a main holiday together instead of rushing around at a weekend. We wanted somewhere new to go, somewhere where we all had to travel and could experience something different. The long and short of it, we ended up with a proposal of France. So that is where we are planning our 2008 main holiday.

Think about it, you haven't been abroad before because you didn't want to go alone. So now is the time to try, none of us have been there before with our vans so it's new to everyone, one great adventure. We do need to start planning now, though. So if there is anyone out there that is interested, let it be known. Any suggestions will be welcome too.

PS, nice to have met you again Lolly and Stuart, did you manage to see the Lamas?
Hi

Great to see you and Gaye again and no we didn't see the llamas, perhaps next time!

Speak to you soon.

Lolly x

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi , we are still very interested in going and you are right ,we need to start planning now.Any thoughts about sites from our more travelled members, not just a Googled list ;O) would be a great help. Am I right in thinking we have 6 'vans at the moment ? We could probably end up with 10-15 so planning is top priority ;O)

Brian (",)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We would prefer the two weeks before school holidays, prices are less and the sites tend to be not so overcrowded. I don't know when the French have their summer break, it's something we will have to look into. Obviously, there will be children going, our own school holidays must be taken into consideration, so we (Gaye and myself) have flexibility where that is concerned.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol

Brother in law lives in Paris,and you will find that August is the month when the French go on their holidays,so your idea of going before UK school holidays is probably good one, we have been to Brittany twice so if anybody has any questions we will be glad to try and help with answers.Whatever you do do NOT go without adequate breakdown cover, we had to have Discovery towed away on first day of holiday, new alternator and battery,without the insurance we would have been knackered, especially the language. Mrs T has seen the word France and now wants to come,see what you've started again......

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Keith Trowbridge

y not come with use we do not bit and that stands for any one who would like to come just keep a eye on hear and some thick will be put up and all you will have to do is do as it say. So do not sit on the wall come with use and have a lath. With use.

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not my fault this time, Keith. You don't shoot the messenger, do you? Thanks for the advice anyway, it's something we need to look into, I know that my own breakdown cover only covers the UK.

Have a good long think about coming to France, you would be most welcome and someone with experience will always be handy on such a trip.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark and Lol

We are seriously thinking about the France trip, can't commit at the moment as we are waiting for daughter to confirm her wedding arrangements for summer 08 and the cost,also looking at whether it will be possible to get to the halloween meet.Will keep an eye on the forum for updates. Keith

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

France sounds good but we too would need some idea of dates, my youngest is only at Pre school so it shouldn't be too difficult if I need to take him out although its not ideal.

Our schools break up mid July nect summer until early Sept.

What about everyone else who has children ay school?

Caroline

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Same here, school holidays normally mid July onwards and currently work stops me taking time out mid August and September but that may change by next year ;O)

brian (",)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ok, just to get the ball rolling on this again. I propose two sets of dates, (feel free to suggest others) if anyone interested in going could comment on their preferred times, we might move forward on this.

Sat 28th June- Sat 12 July. (Basically first two weeks in July.)

Sat 12th July- Sat 26 July. (Not sure if this is the start of school hols.)

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Last two weeks of July would be better for us as schools will break up about then so won't have to ask for time out of school.

What part of France are we looking at?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts