Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
Hi, We are thinking of going abroad next year in the Easter Holidays, beginning of April. Could anyone recommend a good family site in France. We have two young children age 3 and 6.

Many thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Be careful in France at that time of year. Many sites operate between May and September only. Even if you find a site that is open, you may find that the facilities are restricted. For instance no pool, restaurant open weekends only, one or more wash blocks closed etc.

The weather abroad at Easter will be much the same as here - a bit unpredictable. It can be warm and wet, or cold and crisp with lovely sunny days.

Sorry that I have not actually answered your question.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you're desperate to go abroad at Easter, I can recommend Camping Koningshof in Holland. http://www.koningshofholland.nl/uk/index.html

It is at Rijnsburg (town on the Rhine), about 20 minutes up the coast from The Hague. It has an excellent indoor swimming pool, and is about 4 miles from the coast at Katwijk if the weather is nice. Right in the middle of "bulb country" and Easter is a good time of year to go there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you could think of travelling further then think about Spain. Cambrils Park is open from Easter onwards and is absolutely fantastic for children (see their website for piccies). If you're caravanning then it is a bit of a treck for small children, but if you're wanting a mobile home then you can fly to Reus (lots of low cost flights) then it's only about 6 kilometres to the site from the airport. Once on site you'll have almost all the facilities you need, and the remainder (beach, town, etc.) are all within walking distance.

It has two pools, one with attractions for the children, but an area for adults, lovely lawned areas around, and a supermarket, pizzeria, restaurant, bar, take-away, bread shop, and small coffee bar - and they are all open from the beginning of season.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I will second the Koningshof site. lovely place. We went a few years ago and visited the Keukenhof flower show [hope that is how you spell it] I am not a gardner but was totally entrance by it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We usually go for 4 weeks and we always book as I am a bit of a "planner". We usually leave the UK 4-7 days after the schools break up.

Weeks 1 & 2 the sites are often full with a small daily turnover of units. So some people who just turn up will be lucky, but I suspect that some are turned away.

Weeks 3 & 4 we rattle around on the sites, and there is no need to book - even in the busy areas. But if you are planning to go to sites mainly populated by Brits (we avoid them!) then you may still need to book.

Some contributors to this site never book and don't have problems.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You're right. You can send e-mails and stuff now, but they generally won't send out brochures/take bookings until the new year. They probably laugh at us for wanting to book so far in advance.

Oct 9, 2006
Visit site
we did france last easter we did a week sking then went down to agay to one of the recommended caravan club sites for the second week, the pools were open and the weather was great, there was also a kids club

craig

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
J.

We have stayed at L'Etoile d'Argens in Saint Aygulf many times.

The best place to see it on line is their own web site. http://www.provence-campings.com/frejus/etoile-argens/indexuk.htm what you see is exactly what its like. there are lots of shower blocks, all kept very clean. The pitches can be a little on the small side so you'll need to ask for a large pitch if you've got a big outfit.

The site is approx 2km from the beach of St Aygulf. Frejus is approx 5km's away.

English is spoken & the site is a Eurocamp & Eurocamp independant site.

GeorgeB

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
'Hi, We are thinking of going abroad next year in the Easter Holidays, beginning of April. Could anyone recommend a good family site in France. We have two young children age 3 and 6.

Many thanks.'

France is a big country - have you any idea where you would like to go?

TRENDING THREADS