Free digital edition of Practical Caravan

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Everyone,

We have a couple of partners who provide digitial subscriptions of Practical Caravan magazine - you read the mag on your PC, phone or iPad rather than on paper. Zineo is one and Exact Editions is the other.

I know a lot of you don't read the mag, but I thought a few of you may be interested in looking at the free trail issue which Exact Editions is showing on the site at present. It is the November one, so not the latest, but hey, it's free!

Click link below to see the issue.
http://www.exacteditions.com/exact/browse/345/1302/9385/1/1/

Would like to know what people think of Exact Editions website - I find it a bit of struggle!

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Didn't have any problems having a quick flick through a couple of magazines but don't like reading articles of any length on the screen

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Nigel, I've just had a look, and I'm quite impressed! Like the paper version, though, there's too many b***dy adverts! I know the mag would have to sell for lots of money if you didn't have them, but they are annoying.
I'm not sure about the photo, on page 5 though.................. It might frighten the kids.

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi Nigel
i have to say i prefer the paper mag, but as someone previously said there are too many adverts in it, i would like to see more DIY in it though.
The feb issue with the island edition i found i got very bored really quick maybe it was a bit long winded for me but i dont go outside of the uk with my van so it didnt really interest me. i guess you cant please everyone lol.
Its still a better mag than the club mags.
Keep up the good work.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Nigel, I am a big fan of online mags using my IPad to do 99% of my reading of both magazines and books, with the freebie you have linked to I gave up after a couple of pages due to the writing being so small as to make it unreadable and if I zoom in at all to increase the size it then becomes blurred so again unreadable, adverts unfortunately are something we have no choice but to suffer, the magazines without the ads would be so expensive that few would buy them, also if you were to take out all the ads in a paper copy of PC mag it would probably be half as thick so people's perception of it being value for money even at its current price would change.

BP

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
As A subscriber to the mag I would have to say thats where my loyalties will stay as I like to pick up from the setee and browse in snippets througout the month. I did like the digital version though and can imagine in the IPad age it could be very popular.

Jim

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Totally rubbish way to view the magazine. I would prefer to pay a small subscription charge and view the magazine in a decent format. Many magazines you can read in digital form as if you have the magazine in front of you. Will one be able to download it to a Kindle application? I don't think I would pay £32.99 for a digital copy though. A cost of £15 would be reasonable.

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback - The Zineo version (no freebies sadly) is a bit more elegant but the Exact version which will shortly appear on Apple Bookstand will be easier to read.

The ads are going anywhere I'm afraid, and we don't set the prices - we get told what the companies want to charge!

Not sure about Kindle - will find out!

Any further feedback welcome!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Not a bad attempt and I can see the benefit if I was sat in an office pretending to work!
smiley-laughing.gif

I like to take the magazine on my travels and realise not everywhere has internet access.
Sorry Nigel I wont be buying it.

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Don't apologise! We won't be discontinuing the paper mag and if your prefer print, we are happy to oblige!

By the way, anyone who takes the magazine, did you notice any difference with the magazine cover? We've added varnish to the cover to make the pictures look nicer! I think it looks great.

But I'm biased... ;)

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
"We have a couple of partners who provide digitial subscriptions of Practical Caravan magazine - you read the mag on your PC, phone or iPad rather than on paper. Zineo is one and Exact Editions is the other"
How embarassing.
If I were your partner I would expect the magazine editor to get the name correct. The online magazine provider is ZINIO not "Zineo".
Zinio came as part of the "Readers Hub" app on my Android smart phone. I started using free trials for newspapers when travelling and commuting, Zinio mags are great on my phone and beat playing Angry Birds.
Zinio price for 13 digital additions £26.65 or £3.42 per mag
PC £41.65 for 13 issues or £4.10 per mag
Online savings work well for me
smiley-wink.gif

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
ZeGecko said:
"We have a couple of partners who provide digitial subscriptions of Practical Caravan magazine - you read the mag on your PC, phone or iPad rather than on paper. Zineo is one and Exact Editions is the other"
How embarassing.

Point taken. Although it is spelt 'embarrassing' ;)

Completely agree with regards value. It's a good way to take the mag without cutting down too many trees and the app interface works really well too

Cheers

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Nigel Donnelly said:
Point taken. Although it is spelt 'embarrassing' ;)
1 I'm not a journalist 2 I'm not and editor 3 I posted using smart phone 4 spelling and keyboard can be an issue using swype
smiley-laughing.gif

Zinio offers some quite good value, why fill bags, car or caravan with paper when a phone, tablet or Kindle does the job.

TRENDING THREADS