freedom of speech

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have only just seen your comments, but can John in Stockport or any other person post the telephone Number of the company concerned so I can contact them. I will be watching this space. worried person.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
MARIE, check out theire web site, we can not name this company as the threads get removed if we do but if you have a look through the main thread you will find the name under allisons reply, best regards john.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Playing devils advocate, Here's an interesting angle;

If a company can argue to have threads that are critical of it removed, can companies that do not receive praise in the forum also argue that by praising one company, by inference all other companies are implied to be not as good and thus libelled?

But seriously, if a complaint is upheld, then surly referring to it in the forum cannot be deemed to be defamatory or libellous as it is a matter of fact.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Spot on John!

An insurance companies Admin, Claims Paying History and Financial Strength are details available to the public if you know where to look.

Financialy weak companies will contest more claims - it is logical for them to do so.

As long as what you say is true then there is no reason for NOT discussing an individual case on a Forum such as this - unless of course there is another factor that applies here.

As a Partner in a firm of IFA's we openly discuss such matters all the time which is why I find what PC did to the original thread so irksome.

We are happy to provide this info to the Gen Public and indeed are obilged to document that we have done so in making a recomendation.

What I believe to be hapening here is more to do with a commercial tie up between *&* and the magazine.

*&* pay money to various mags to distribute and advertise their plans - there is even wording that could be construed as a kind of endorsement - I am looking at the phone number link here. So when a mag that *&* as a company pays money to is seen by that company to be sponcering negative critiscm - however justified, it applies pressure on the mag and the mag caves in.

Rightly or wrongly if you want Freedom of Speech I doubt that you will get it on this forum whilst such comercial arrangements exist. After all if you were in business you would not carry on advertising via a medium that goes onto critisice your firm!

This is a disapointing fact of life but one all users of such commercially sponcored forums need to be aware off.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts