French MH price guide

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
To improve my language skills on subjects that REALLY matter, I've recently taken out a subscription to the French "Camping-Car" magazine. With the latest issue, there was a supplement called "La Cote Officielle de l'Occasion Camping-Cars."
It's a sort of "Glass's Guide" to used motorhome prices, for every conceivable Continental model from 2003 onwards. There's no such publication in the UK,probably because the MH market is way too small for it to be meaningful, but the French market is in another league altogether.
I was wondering if any of you know how good a guide this is to prices over there? Because if it's reasonably accurate, it seems prices over there are much lower, maybe because of faster depreciation. This in turn could be related to their vast hire industry, which must flood the market with used vehicles from time to time!
This matters a bit to us, as we've got an idea about retiring to France eventually. If we do that we'd probably sell "Roxie" and buy a French van, so quite like the idea of used prices being lower!
Anyone know how this document compares with actually selling prices - private or trade?

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
L'Argus is the guide to trade in prices, so as you can see there is the same problem overhere with Trade in prices having no relation to forecourt prices,
smiley-money-mouth.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts