Freshwater East, Pembroke?

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone been to this site? If so, can you tell me if there is a dog walk on site and if the 'safe sandy beaches' are doggie friendly?

Ann

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ann, we were at FWE last summer, and found it a lovely site in a beautiful area. I don't recall seeing a dog walk actually on site, but it's only a very short walk to the beach. There are lots more walks in the area, and slightly further afield.

Graham

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ann, Never been to this park but have looked with a view to a future visit.The CC book states that there is a dog walk "nearby" and that dogs are allowed on the beach, I've also copied this from a review on the UK campsite web site,"The fantastic beach has to be the draw here. The beach car park is at the site entrance. Dogs are allowed all year round, and the beach is fantastic". Hope this helps.

Dec 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi Ann

we visited the site last October and found it to be a great place. Mainly because none of our mobiles had signal so it was peace all weekend and also didnt have tv signal. Wires to connect to the sites tv signal is available but because we were only there for 2 nights we didnt bother. Really close to the beach and the beach was brilliant and dog friendly. I dont recall a dog walk on site but plenty of places to walk nearby. Site itself was closing the end of the weekend we visited so didnt see it at its best but still found it pleasant.

Hope this helps

Ian

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ann

We are planning to go here in June (not booked it yet though) with our dogs, so if we are before you will report back re doggie walks/beach. However if you go first perhaps you can report back to me!!!!

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gill

We are booked in for the 3rd week in June. Will come back to you if you are later than this! Otherwise, perhaps you can let us know if you attend earlier.

Ann

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Went here with hubby, daughter and dog last Easter (during heatwave). Fabulous. Don't think there is a dog walk on site, but the beach is literally across the road from the site and is (I believe) dog friendly all year. I spoke to one of the locals (at Rookesbury CC site funnily enough) a month or so later, who told me that the locals are very keen to keep the beach doggy friendly, and groups regularly go down there to keep it 'clean'.

In-laws went there with their dog in June and loved it also, though were a bit perturbed with the dead cow in the middle of the beach...(high cliffs and all that)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts