Fridge assistance

Apr 29, 2006
Visit site
The fridge in my Bessacar Cameo 420sle works fine on electric hook up and on 12v when towing howeverwhen I try to turn it over to gas it does not seem to want to light.

Someone had suggested that there was a possibility of dust around the pilot light/ignition source.

My question is how do I get to the pilot light to clean it.Thanks for any help or other ideas.

Phil.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Phil, all of the fridges components can usually be accesed through the vent panels or by removing the fridge from the unit, but you must be confident in what you are doing and if the work involves disconecting the gas in any way (including the flue) then i strongly advice against doing it yourself. it is very easy to dislodge a flue pipe and not know anything about it untill you become drowsy by which time its too late. sorry to be dramatic but i am a qualified refrigeration engineer and even though i can braze, solder, weld and carry out most electrical repairs i will not touch gas heating or flue pipes as i am not corgie trained or registered.

G

I agree with Icemaker regarding using the vent for access to Dometic fridges. I also agree that it may be a job best left to the dealer to do at the next service, unless you really need to use the gas sooner. However if you have a Thetford fridge you will probably find a blanking plate behind the vent prohibiting this access. Also getting the instructions for removal, and re-installation of a Thetford fridge is very difficult to come by, and if you do find any, please let me know.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Phil ,

I`m sure I read somewhere that the fridge wont light if the winter covers are on the vents?????????????

Just a thought mate.

Tony A.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts