Fridge Packing whilst towing

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi Linsey

We always pack our fridge before travelling as you would normally pack on site and have never had a problem as the door has a safety catch on anyway

Hi Lindsay

I always pack my fridge if I am going on a long journey. You can put your milk in as normal, put your meat on the lower shelves and salad in the bowl, I usually make sandwiches and put them in the fridge so we can have a snack en route! I put frozen meat in the freezer compartment and it has always stayed frozen, fresh meat is also fine in the fridge area. It all depends on how far you are travelling, we went to France in July for 3wks and I stocked my fridge with meat etc, it was fine, even on the ferry for 6hrs it stayed cold, a good tip is to freeze milk before you go and put it in the fridge it helps to keep food cold, try not to open the door alot when you are tavelling as this can affect the coldness of the fridge. Make sure you put your fridge button to the battery operation when you are travelling as your car should charge the fridge up depending on the wiring of the electrics? Hope this helps you?

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Here is another good tip for you,if you possibly can hook your van up to electric over night with your fridge turned on and then when you set off in the morning your fridge will hold that temperature, proving all the vabn and vehicle electrics are ok.

I hope this is of help to you in some way

Sir Roger.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lindsay,

All the above seems to be good advice, but if you have a caravan weight problem and are looking to reduce the load in the caravan a bit, consider only packing the essentials for the journey and first night, then use the local shops near your destination to stock for the rest of the holiday.

It is quite surprising how heavy all the food come to.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts