Front window leak

Sep 13, 2023
Visit site
Hi, I have recently brought a Swift Conquer 630 2004.
I have water coming in on the front left (as you look at it) window. It appears to be running down the rubber from outside in to the inside. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone have a fix?
Window rubber was replaced a few years ago. Thanks

Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
First thing I did was to go round the rubber with PVC insulating tape, sealing the outside edge. This will tell you if it is the rubber or the hinge as if it stops it's the rubber. If it is the rubber remove the tape and then just seal under the rubber with sealant.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
First thing I did was to go round the rubber with PVC insulating tape, sealing the outside edge. This will tell you if it is the rubber or the hinge as if it stops it's the rubber. If it is the rubber remove the tape and then just seal under the rubber with sealant.
Sadly that’s not a long term fix. The rubber seals are preloaded with sealant which sets once attached to the frames. Additional sealant will not adhere to the existing . A damp meter will tell you straight away if the hinge timber above the windows is at fault.

Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
Without dismantling the interior it's not always possible to access the beam to do a damp test.
The tape can tell you if it's the window seal or not.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Without dismantling the interior it's not always possible to access the beam to do a damp test.
The tape can tell you if it's the window seal or not.
Agreed about the tape. I guess models are different. My hinge timbers are easily accessed internally.

TRENDING THREADS