Fuel prices creeping up again !!

May 21, 2008
Visit site
At my local Morrisons on Wednesday (before hols) unleaded was at 90.9p/Ltr, as I drove past Good Friday it had snook up to 91.9p/Ltr.

Is that just racketeering by the supermarkets? If so. why do trading standards turn a blind eye.

Just imagine how many tens if not hundreds of thousands of litres of fuel have been sold at that extra penny this weekend.

Also it might just be me being a synic but funny how fuel prices went up after the budget even when duty was not increased! Another thing is the old supply and demand cherry of the fuel price going up as soon as "british summer time" begins.

I reckon it's time to dust off the "fair play on fuel" banners again before we do end up paying a pound a litre.

I'll fly mine loud and proud!! But I wonder just how many other caravanners will dare to be a "rebel".

"Come on" you lot isn't it about time we all stood together and flew the "confederate flag" in the face of government to show our annoyance at racketeering (profiteering) by the multi billion pound profiteering oil magnets who just seem to do what they like with scant regard or even contempt to the nation.

What say you fellow caravanners?

Steve.

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Crude oil prices went up again for fear of a war with Iran.

BP shares don't reflect that they are doing too well at the moment, so I don't know what the answer is to fuel prices.

It is a fossil fuel and there is a finite supply so the sooner a new alternative is let loose on the world the better.

In the meantime, lighter vans and towing vehicles would reduce demand and costs ( for caravanners)a little.

Same old arguments, but no progress made on any front.

PS With global warming, maybe it's time to get an houseboat instead of the van !!!

Jan 21, 2007
Visit site
Global supply and crude prices really don't matter at all. Most of the money we pay for fuel is tax. We even pay a tax on a tax; ie vat on the duty (whatever duty is supposed to be?)Fuel is actually very cheap. Don't look abroad, look at Gordon the tax maniac.

There is an election coming soon, expect a few a few coins to be cast before the great unwashed (as they see it)as a bribe to be quickly snatched back afterwards.

ttfn T

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The other point regarding tax is as the price of crude goes up so the tax is proportionally increased - it is an inflation proof tax so the government will not hold an inquirey into the price rise as it will affect their revinue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts