Further Driver Training - IAM & ROSPA

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Last June my wife Terri went on a CC course spread over two days. 80% of the attendees were ladies all of whom were petrified of towing.

Terri now tows with confidence and safety. She keeps her distance from the vehicle in front and doesn't drive into a hazardous situation, which she did before!

Manoevering is excellent and I have to say she has shown me up once.

We both felt the CC course was money well spent. Incidentally no one should feel too proud to go on such as acourse, there is plenty to learn even for old dogs like me.

Cheers

Alan

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Although the CC towing course is excellent, it's not accepted as a pre-requisite for the IAM Towing Test, the C&CC towing course is the only acceptable pre-requisite.

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
"Terri now tows with confidence and safety. She keeps her distance from the vehicle in front"

Hi Alan,

Whilst I am pleased for your wife Terri on passing her CC course, you imply that she used to drive too close to the vehicle in front.

Most rear end shunts are caused by diving too close to the vehicle in front & if nothing else she has learned a valuable lesson

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Graham

YES!!!!

My right leg and the flor on the near side has a big dent where I used to be braking 100yards out!

The CC course brought a lot of useful driving tips home to Terri . Never mind I had ben saying them for years.

Amazing what a stranger can impart in a few hours.;

Ceers

Alan

Jul 18, 2006
Visit site
RogerL : "Although the CC towing course is excellent, it's not accepted as a pre-requisite for the IAM Towing Test, the C&CC towing course is the only acceptable pre-requisite."

What IAM towing course is this, I have been a member for 6 years, and I have never read about any course they do (nationally or locally)

Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
A few weeks ago the IAM was selling this course in the foyer of a well known local supermarket as i walked in to the store i was approached by a male and female proudly wearing their body warmers with their iam badgers on offering me a leaflet and trying the hard sell, i let them waffle on for a minute or two and then looking out of the door i asked does you course teach you how to read road markings,the reply was long and some times word perfect from quotes from the highway code.I then asked if you know what road markings mean why have you parked two cars on double yellow line out side the store ,their was no answer.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Rubix, IAM don't do a towing course, they do a Towing Test. The C&CC towing course is used for the training, the IAM just carry out the test. I'm sure if you contact IAM HO or C&CC they'll provide details.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts