galaxy any good for towing

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
superb towcar but totally useless with the petrol engine in it, thirsty (very) underpowered and unreliable. save your cash and look around for a desent TDI with at least the 115 bhp engine fitted, once you have a galaxy / alhambra / sharran with a tdi engine you will not look back. the alhambra offers the best value for money and a better towing experiance due to its sport suspension which sits the car 1 inch lower than the ford or vw.

Sep 15, 2005
Visit site
superb towcar but totally useless with the petrol engine in it, thirsty (very) underpowered and unreliable. save your cash and look around for a desent TDI with at least the 115 bhp engine fitted, once you have a galaxy / alhambra / sharran with a tdi engine you will not look back. the alhambra offers the best value for money and a better towing experiance due to its sport suspension which sits the car 1 inch lower than the ford or vw.
thanks for your comments will bear in mind towing with a rover 416 at the moment only got a light weight van but struggles on hills

Nov 17, 2006
Visit site
I traded my shogun in for a 2.0 petrol galaxy and it was one of my biggest mistakes ive ever made!

It sounded ideal at the time and had a realy good kerb weight but through the gears and on consumption it was very very unsuitable, ive heard the diesel is a different kettle of fish though.

Apr 20, 2006
Visit site
dont bother the greens will target it next
Dont do it, i had a 2.8 v6 Auto Galaxy. Went to Loire Valley this year. 7 People, Roof Box, Conqueror 520 = 13mpg. And i did over 1500 miles .....Got me a Rover 75 CDT Tourer now, does 35mpg Towing.GRRRRRRReat.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts