Gas. HELP!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just changed my van yesterday, and my old van had the older type gas regulators on. The new van has the new type of regulator. As far as i can see, i need a piece of gas pipe and a screw type fitting to fit the new onboard regulator??? Is that correct??? On my new reg there is fitment for a screw type ending AND underneath the reg is a small valve which looks like a pipe can be pushed onto it. The end piece is some kind of valve. So do i need just the pipe pushed on, or (as i think) pipe with a screw type end to fit???

Also i had on my older van a gaslow changeover system, basically a regulator and gauge that both propane bottles screwed into and it controlled the gas and told me how much was in each bottle. This gauge then was connected to the old valve "end" as normal on my other van (2003 van).

So can this gaslow valve/gauge be compatible with my new vans system??? I only bought the gauge last year.

Thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
lenny, Your van requires a connecting hose to go between the bottle and the regulator. This is a high pressure hose and fiting assembly and you have to get the one with the correct fitting for the type of bottle you are using.

Sorry I can't help with the pressure gauge or change over system as I have the system fitted to your old van.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lenny, further to my original reply check www.towsure.com {gas water and refrigeration} {gas accessories}.

There is the whole range of assemblies some fitted with gauges and change over systems. Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Ray, i've got the gauge out of the garage to check, and no way is it possible for it to fit new van.

So it will be up on ebay in a day or two me thinks. (the gauge, not the van!!!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts