Gas supplies

Aug 23, 2023
Visit site
Hi, is anybody out there having trouble getting Calor? Last year in my area of Somerset we heard that there was a problem getting gas but at the time my Calor bottle was full, anyway having used gas throughout last year and part of this thought I would get a refill and another one as spare (caravan home bbq etc ) they are like "Rocking Horse Poo") together with my wife we phoned for over 3 hours last Thursday to find any, we were given the same reasons as our friends were told last year, Wrong size bottles delivered to outlets, Placed order still waiting for delivery, Shortage was due to container ship getting stuck in the Suez Canal!! the list went on and on. We finally gave up and I checked out Flow gas suppliers bingo one stockist had 32 x 6kg bottles but did not have any regulators until this Monday found another stockist who had 6 bottles and regulators so decided to buy two complete new ones. This last stockist told me they had given up on Calor 18 months ago due to poor service and went over to Flow gas which since then have been giving them first class service. Is this a problem right across the country or just in pockets of it ? Happy Caravaning
🚗🚌

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
It's generally nationwide but very much hit & miss - part of the issue is caused by Calor withdrawing the 3.9 "dumpy" propane, used a lot by builders, and the 6.0 Calorlite propane used by caravanners - this has increased demand for the ordinary 6.0 propane.

• Sad
Reactions: Somersetboy
Aug 23, 2023
Visit site
Cheers thanks for comments I came to the conclusion that most is not all caravan sales companies were hanging onto what ever stock they had or get to supply new owners

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Cheers thanks for comments I came to the conclusion that most is not all caravan sales companies were hanging onto what ever stock they had or get to supply new owners
Also the gradual withdrawal of Calorlite and the increase in motorhomes and caravans post pandemic must also have had an impact on availability. Several non caravan ex Calor outlets near to us are all Flogas now, including BQ too.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
At the risk of sounding like a stuck record...........

If you cannot get a cylinder at a caravan outlet etc, then try a builders merchants (Jewson, Travis Perkins etc) They carry Calor cylinders to supply roofers and seem to always have them (but rarely if ever, Calorlite)

Aug 23, 2023
Visit site
At the risk of sounding like a stuck record...........

If you cannot get a cylinder at a caravan outlet etc, then try a builders merchants (Jewson, Travis Perkins etc) They carry Calor cylinders to supply roofers and seem to always have them (but rarely if ever, Calorlite)
I can confirm that all builders merchants were contacted, garden centres, garages (large and small) but they all seemed to have the same problem place order then don't get what they asked for or nothing at all.

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My local supplier, a hardware shop in the village, stated to me last week that he ordered 10 6kg Propane Calor bottles and only received two.
Also Flogas cannot supply him with bottles..

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
We changed over to Flowgas gaslight a few years ago.
Never had an issue finding it available at a flowgas depot or a convienient Homebase store on the odd occation we have needed a refil when on holiday

Reactions: Mandarin
Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
Never had an issue finding it available at a flowgas depot or a convienient Homebase store on the odd occation we have needed a refil when on holiday
We did the same, many of our local outlets have made the switch to flogas due to Calors poor performance

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If we were able to tow with the caravan we would have change to Flowgas ourselves more outlets available

TRENDING THREADS