General enquiry Transporting touring caravan

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Can anybody help me please, I am looking either to transport a touring caravan from UK to Murcia area in Spain, or to purchase one in Spain, can you suggest what might be the best way around this. Tks Gill

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
If you are going keep the van in Spain on a permanant basis, it will have to be regestered as an import if taken from the UK.

You will have to do your homework on the van itself.

Do you want a British style van?

Can you buy a British style van there?

How much is it going to cost to transport one there?

Do you prefer continental vans?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Graham has mentioned a number of important points worth thinking about but I'd add another: Bearing in mind that UK caravan manufacturers don't export to Spain so you won't find any dealers there, how important to you is after-sales service and the availablity of spares?

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi Thank you for your suggestions. We would like to know what is best to do, I am aware that some people tow

them from here, but then you've got transport costs and one quote was

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
What size caravan are you thinking of? Are you thinking of paying someone to tow it down? If so you might get some interest!

We've had a look around several caravans for sale in Spain - Sun Roller was one of them - they have a website http://www.sun-roller.net/caravans/adagio/ where you can at least have a look. They are a bit more 'basic' than British vans, but perfectly suited for a life 'outdoors' in the sun. They are cheaper to buy new than here, too. I can't remember the names of other makes - there were one or two others, I've a feeling one was Portugese.

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
What size caravan are you thinking of? Are you thinking of paying someone to tow it down? If so you might get some interest!

We've had a look around several caravans for sale in Spain - Sun Roller was one of them - they have a website http://www.sun-roller.net/caravans/adagio/ where you can at least have a look. They are a bit more 'basic' than British vans, but perfectly suited for a life 'outdoors' in the sun. They are cheaper to buy new than here, too. I can't remember the names of other makes - there were one or two others, I've a feeling one was Portugese.
Hi Val, We are thinking of a 16-18ft fixed bed caravan, as we are looking to live out there for approx 18-25 months, before we actually buy a property, Yes we are looking at transporting the caravan as our own car is not capable of doing this, we do not actually know yet the best way around this, if to buy here or in Spain, and we have also not found many caravan dealers in the Murcia region as yet, We are going to look around Granada way in April, but we will have to wait and see.

TRENDING THREADS