German caravans

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
How many of you German caravan owners would be interested in starting a club for German caravans.Please let me Know, Iam sure we could have some excellent rallies etc

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Sounds like a good idea.

There is already a very active series of (arranged over the Internet) weekend Fests for the Eriba Touring vans.

These Eriba Fests are totally informal - just meet up in the evenings for wine, beer, nibbles and a chat. The record for a rainy night is 12 people + chairs in a Puck awning (2m by 3m) - going to the toilet required serious organisation - which failed as the night went on.

Robert

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Rob,

do you have a website address where I can find out more about the Eriba Fests?

Going to pick up my Eriba on Monday!

cheers

Mark (",)

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Mark,

Can I ask what Eriba are you buying? and will you get this from the UK or did you source it in Europe?

But back to your question:

1. www.eriba-amiga.co.uk has all the technical, tips, fests, etc held as a weekly updated reference file for Eriba Touring owners

2. http://groups.msn.com/eribaownersphotoboard holds the forum for Eriba rallies, tech q&a, etc - this is a good place to ask questions

3. If you can read German or Dutch take a look at www.eriba-touring-club.de or www.eriba.nl, and if not I can help - but most of the relevant stuff appears on the first listed site anyway

Robert

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi Robert,

it is a Familia 310GT - we are buying it from Jandi in West Lothian, which is handily only 30 mins away. They have been very good (so far!), no hard sales techniques.

I had a trawl on the Internet and found the 2 Eriba sites you alude to. I have signed up for the newsletter from Eriba-Amiga - are you the same Robert who set that website up?

I cant wait to pick it up! I'm just a bit nervous as my towcar is only a Renault Scenic 1.4 16V - the people at Jandi think I will have no probs and it is well within all the limits, but you never know!

thanks for the advice.

Mark (",)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
BF, be careful with the scenic it has a low towing limit, I would check out the weight of the van at a towbridge with all your gear in and see if you are within the towing limit

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, the Scenic kerbweight is 1300Kgs however the Max towing weight is 1000Kgs - the Familia's MIRO is 710Kgs with an MTPLM of 850Kgs.

As you say, I will have to be careful when packing, although it will mostly be used for weekends away until I get used to it.

Mark (",)

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Mark,

Good that you found the Eriba sites OK, and Jandi have earned an excellent reputation in the relatively few years that they have been distributing and servicing Eriba Touring vans.

For two of you the Familia 310 is a great choice and should tow OK behind your Scenic. Our previous Puck L weighed about the same, was a bit shorter, and towed fine behind a Golf.

Yeah, Richard and I met at an Eriba Fest (#2) and decided there and then to create a web-site that records of all the useful stuff from the Eriba Owners Photo Board, and the Dutch and German sites, plus all the stuff we do and others contribute.

Festers seem to be people from 30 to over 60 who can get away for weekends but have "things to do" during the week.

There is an official Eriba Owners Club - with two major rallies each year - but as these have grown to 10 days duration or more - it's difficult for "workers" to get away in addition to the main family vacation. Membership details on the http://website.lineone.net/~mrspollywog/ but as Ian Ashton is retiring from the role as organiser, e-mail responses are delayed at the moment.

The next Eriba Fest is at Pencelli Castle, near Brecon from September 15 to 18. Expecting about 10 Eribas - great pub near the camp site - and I guess someone will be bringing a few bottles of wine with them as well.

There is a Eriba Owners Club rally in Kircudbright from 8 to 18 September. Don't know the numbers that will turn up, but the last rally was > 100 Eriba vans.

And yes, I know the dates clash but the people that can make the Wales weekend wouldn't be able to take 10 days off work - and have previous experience of midges anyway.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, the Scenic kerbweight is 1300Kgs however the Max towing weight is 1000Kgs - the Familia's MIRO is 710Kgs with an MTPLM of 850Kgs.

As you say, I will have to be careful when packing, although it will mostly be used for weekends away until I get used to it.

Mark (",)
You are well within the 85% weighting so it should tow quite nicely. Have fun!

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Malcolm. You never said what type of Germany Caravan you had. We have a Fendt and a few years ago we tried to set up a club but couldn`t find enough takers. I think the German Caravans are a little more popular now.We see many more Hobby and Fendt around.

Anyway, thought I would bring it up to the top again and see if there are any more interested German Caravan Owners for you.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
When we owned a Hobby c'van I went online and found the Hobby Owner's Club! I first saw it advertised in the PC along with other Clubs. It might be worth putting it on Google and see what it throws out!

Oct 24, 2005
Visit site
Why is it that German caravans get knocked by British caravan dealers/manufacturers - the door is on the wrong side (not if you tour on the continent)- the plugs are wrong sort (so get a adapter)- they are a fire risk (you think they don't have these laws in europe?)

My German caravan (so I am biased)has not leaked (5 year guarantee), still nothing fallen off, is insured by a british insurance company, and was two thirds the price of a similar British caravan, but better built and winterised - you can't sell in England (wana bet, I can afford to let it go cheap because I bought it cheap) besides I'll trade it in on a newer German caravan

german vat 16% english vat 17.5% - such a difficult choice

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
your absolutely right tony a.im now in the midst of buying either a hobby or tabbert.they make all the british vans look like half-cocked efforts.its this nearly good enough is good enough outlook that could be the demise of the great british tourer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts