Giving up,,

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
If 'you are as old as you feel' then perhaps now is not a good time to judge while we are in side from the cold and twiddling our thumbs! One colleague of mine when asked her age would always reply 'as old as my tongue and older than my teeth' which I thought was a good maxim!

Reactions: Nimrod
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
I have met quite a few 90 year olds who are still enjoying their caravans.
John who is a 90 year old widower, tows alone to Spain every winter and is unhappy to be stuck at home this winter.

Reactions: Nimrod
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Just reading this post, ......... hadn't realised how (until reading this post) . ' geriatric' us contributors/members are.. Are there no 'young un's' about? ;)
There Certainly are............only hitting 60 this coming July,
And still working to pay your pensions :tearsofjoy:

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I'm only 45,been caravaning for 7yrs,love it,and hope for many more years.Good health to all.
As I have 2 teenagers,the oldest has just started driving and a full time job,we are looking at a slightly different types of holidays in the next few years ( no kids) hopefully go away more often but quick weekends away cl type sites,as so far we mainly do big ish full facilities sites so kids have more to do.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree that keeping going as long as we can should be the objective but can see the problem with disillusionment many people have with last year being awful and the ominous predictions coming out by many "experts" this. If you really have had enough then with second hand prices for caravans at a high this is the time to do it. I appreciate the risk of missing it if we ever get back to normal, but even the idea of selling now and starting again next year might work if prices have dropped by then.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I agree that keeping going as long as we can should be the objective but can see the problem with disillusionment many people have with last year being awful and the ominous predictions coming out by many "experts" this. If you really have had enough then with second hand prices for caravans at a high this is the time to do it. I appreciate the risk of missing it if we ever get back to normal, but even the idea of selling now and starting again next year might work if prices have dropped by then.
Selling and buying again could still be costly as I’m sure prices will not rocket down as a good number of new entrants could enjoy the hobby and stay. Then do you sell everything including tow car, or just the van and retain the car and kit. My advice would be sit tight until the mist clears.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
It always been in our blood caravanning I am a bit younger then BP we started off with a tent two of us plus the dogs use to set up next to stream and catch trout than a trailer tent and moved up to a Kip Kompakt a lightweight with elevating roof caravan our son came with us we have had so many makes to list our present caravan was to try it out after been seasonal we are not sure if we will keep towing this season yes and the year after and maybe for a bit longer, depending how we are .
[/
You have done it again for me, trailer tent, we bought ours about late 60s. On one trip we had three families with us going to Cheddar, ten of us of us, three cars.I do remember the two older sons slept in the car but how we all got in the trailer that night I do not know . But do remember my sister in law making a gigantic bowel of porridge for breakfast.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Robert Hope the experience was a positive one and all three families remained friendly. When you go away with other people it has positive and negatives whereby the adults have ready made babysitters or with kids you can never be sure if they remain cordial. Hope you all remained good friends and have happy memories of the experience.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Robert Hope the experience was a positive one and all three families remained friendly. When you go away with other people it has positive and negatives whereby the adults have ready made babysitters or with kids you can never be sure if they remain cordial. Hope you all remained good friends and have happy memories of the experience.
Sadly four have died and one in hospital with double pneumonia. We all remained good friends though.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Sadly four have died and one in hospital with double pneumonia. We all remained good friends though.
Hi Robert. The older we get the lesser family we have, but memories of good times cannot be removed. When you think of any of them that holiday must bring a great deal of pleasure to you. Glad to know it had a good ending and you all remained close. Keep safe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts