Good afternoon all !!!

Jun 30, 2019
Visit site
Total Newbeeee here !!
just moved into a static caravan dated 2004.
we are installing a combo boiler and its weight is 40Kg
the wall is an external one lined with 10mm plywood.

my question is am I asking too much of the plywood to hold this weight ?

thank you all in advance

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This forum is primarily aimed and used by touring caravan owners, not static vans.

As far as your question is concerned the only people who can give you a definitive answer is the maker of the van.

Contact them and ask, but in every static van that I work on, none of them have boilers fitted to the external wall, they are all fitted to an internal structurally significant wall and flued through the roof. .

You say "you are installing a combo boiler", are you qualified to do any such work as all gas work MUST be done by a LPG Gas Safe certified engineer.

You also ask " am I asking too much of the plywood to hold this weight ?"

Yes without doubt !!!!!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hello LP. Welcome to the forum. You are very welcome, and folks will do their best to help you, but as Damian says we are primarily tuggers on here. I am not technically qualified to answer, but I wouldn’t want a combi boiler attached to 10mm plywood.
Good luck with your project.
Mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord_Pearsall said:
Total Newbeeee here !!
just moved into a static caravan dated 2004.
we are installing a combo boiler and its weight is 40Kg
the wall is an external one lined with 10mm plywood.

my question is am I asking too much of the plywood to hold this weight ?

thank you all in advance

Just to amplify Damians point,

If you have a static caravan or a mobile home it is subjected to the full force of the Gas Safety Installation and use Regulations, and you must be fully qualified and ticked to work on any aspect of the gas system. It is criminally illegal to ignore this requirement. and can result in hefty fines and or a prison sentence.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts