Goodbye(for now) and Welcome Back

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 8, 2007
Visit site
I have been around on this forum for quite a while now. Mainly just observing and on a few occasions replying to topics, and I whole heartedly agree with Mike P I think he has hit the nail on the head when he refers to it being dominated by one person, and I think we all know who that is. Perhaps Lisa is doing the right thing, if it stops giving pleasure and annoys you what's the point? Advise mmmm lay low read what topics appeal to you Lisa and re surface once the Idiots and know all's have moved on to plague others on another forum.

ATB Berty...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Who is this one person dominating the site? I try to be helpful where ever possible and I also like the humour side of the forum but I don't think I am dominating the forum whatsoever. This forum should be one of help with a bit of humour thrown in to brighten things up during the winter months.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Here we lie

In a lost and lonely part of town

Held in time

In a world of tears we slowly drown

Goinhome

We just cant take it all alone

We really should be holding you

Holding you

We're missing you missing you

Tragedy!

When the feelings gone and you cant go on

Its tragedy

When the morning cries and you dont know why

Its hard to bear

With no forum love you youre

Goin nowhere

Tragedy!

When you lose control and you got no soul

Its tragedy

Its hard to bear

With no forum to love you youre

Goin nowhere

Night and day

Theres a burning down inside of us

Burning loss

With a yearning that wont let us be

Down we go

And we just cant take it all alone

We really should be holding you

Holding you

Missing you missing you

Tragedy!

When the feelings gone and we cant go on

Its tragedy

When the morning cries and we dont know why

Its hard to bear

With no-one to miss you youre

Goin nowhere

Tragedy!

When we lose control as Berty's got no soul

Its tragedy!

Its hard to bear

With no Colin (Bridgend) to love you youre

Goin nowhere !!

Has she really gone though ;-)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Cris that must have taken you a minute or two to compose. The one good point is that at last I see my name being reckognised in poetry - will this go down in the annuls of history on comparison to Wordsworth, Tenyson, etc. Fame at last.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Come on Lisa, now you have got to come back with cris singing to you.

I hope Moderator 1 can email all these messages to you like Colin suggested. Take Care, hear from you soon, you have just got tooooooo? Liz

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
I've never seen so much goodwill and support on the forum for any individual member. It proves what they all say - don't let one or two domineering types put you off. The majority are moderate kind people.

Freedom of speech does mean that the domineering types can seem to get away with it - until they break the rules. If the one(s) you have referred to has gone too far, please let me know what was said and when. I need evidence before I can suspend members, as they are the sort who will complain like mad when someome gets heavy with them!

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Emmerson - Lisa MUST come back as she is part of the original team. I have been on this forum for quite a while (can't quite remember exact date) and Lisa was posting here then. If you pardon the expression she has been here so long she is now part of the furniture. Sorry Lisa - there is no way that this posting will end until you return to the fold. Wait until Lord B. returns - then you can watch out - he will be hounding you until you return.
Done that!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mods, thank you for the support of Lisa, it's like all the dragons in Dragons Den, getting together to support an idea, unheard of. Until now. However, allow me to speak for Lisa (she can correct me if I am wrong) identifying the person/s involved would be a fruitless exercise. This person/s knows where to push and when to pull back from the edge before teetering over. They do it many times and it is boring. It has obviously been identified by many that it's going on but unbelievably some are still blinkered to it. True, a forum can be dominated by one or a few people, but why cant they be nice with it?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have emailed Lisa direct, and as yet, received no reply. I think perhaps she's off-line just now, but I'm sure when she reads these posts, as she surely must, she'll be back.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Cris that must have taken you a minute or two to compose. The one good point is that at last I see my name being reckognised in poetry - will this go down in the annuls of history on comparison to Wordsworth, Tenyson, etc. Fame at last.
Gibb brothers should get some credit to Colin ;-)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've never seen so much goodwill and support on the forum for any individual member. It proves what they all say - don't let one or two domineering types put you off. The majority are moderate kind people.

Freedom of speech does mean that the domineering types can seem to get away with it - until they break the rules. If the one(s) you have referred to has gone too far, please let me know what was said and when. I need evidence before I can suspend members, as they are the sort who will complain like mad when someome gets heavy with them!
Mr. Mod 1 could you also e-mail Tina as she has been absent for a while and she is missed by many of us. Let' get the old friendly gang back together.

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lisa,

I am relatively new to this Forum and have not posted much, but having read some recent threads can relate to what you are saying.

There appears to be a few individuals who go from thread to thread to antagonise and argue with any individual who disagrees with their opinion. One or two could also benefit from an anger management course!!

The one thing I like about this forum is the balance of opinion. I do not agree with much of what some individual's state however they are entitled to their opinion and if I were you I would simply not let myself be drawn down their level of engagement in any exchange of views.

If you, and others like you, withdraw I fear the forum will become nothing more than a chatroom for a few individuals to constantly argue over whether their data, facts or experience are correct.

Happy Caravanning!!!

May 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi Lisa

I am also fairly new to this forum and am amazed how some people cannot just stick to putting their opinions across without adding some insults.

Insults are Unnecessary and usually stated when the person has no logical view or very little support to there argument.

I would suggest that not only myself (newbee, but many many of the backbone members, would respectfully ask the guilty parties to conform, or move on please as you are not wanted.

This forum has a vast amount of information at its disposal and the members are very experienced in all fields.

Let's use it for the benefit of all and not just to satisfy someones unsupported ego.

Come back Lisa

Happy caravaning to you all and here's to a great 2007.

Regards

Leso

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Lisa,like others whilst I have been on the forum for some time it is not as long as yourself,but you do get to know who is who very quickly and who are the ones who appear hell bent on agro.I think that we all know who the protagonist was in this issue although I am not sure which postings caused the trouble.Some people seem to have knowledge and opinions on every topic under the sun and fail to see others points of view,they may consider they are all knowing except in one area interpersonal skills.We have only directly communicated a couple of times but I did learn what SBT stood for and was informed without being made to look a div.Long and short of it I have learnt over many years that the best way to beat a bully is to ignore them.Stay on Lisa.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Big Al, I don't think Lisa threw her toys out of the pram. From the tone of her post, she felt very sad to be leaving. If she had left in temper, it might have been easier to tempt her back. I think, this time she really has gone.If so, it's a black day for the forum.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Well, Lisa, just look at the positive side of staying on this Forum. See how many friends you would be letting down if you still decide to stay away! Everyone is backing you so - come on - don't let the nasty ones win. You may have a revolt on your hands if you do! What would happen to Forum if we all decided to go on strike until your return?

Hopefully, you are currently away on holiday or too busy to come online. Anyway, when you feel able, we are all here waiting for you.

I seriously thought of giving up at one point, but my fighting spirit wouldn't let me. I don't think yours will either.

Kind regards

Ann

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
FOA Emmerson I will vist the Fire station for you if I can on Monday can`t go tomorrow because the station administraters do not work on Saturdays.

I can copy and paste all these posts to Lisa,s works e mail if you like,

But I think She is reading,

Or Just organise a Readers rally at the National Water sports centre caravan site which is not far from the Fire station or Lisa,s home.

Glenn

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I agree with all the above posts, where are you Lisa?

I miss reading about all your disasters, even though I wasn't mentioned in your gang 80)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Speaking of absenteeism, Big Roy. You're becoming a stranger, quit it and post more often.

BTW, Lisa always includes you in the gang, in fact she never shuts up about you. Something to do with your big truck, so I'm told.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Speaking of absenteeism, Big Roy. You're becoming a stranger, quit it and post more often.

BTW, Lisa always includes you in the gang, in fact she never shuts up about you. Something to do with your big truck, so I'm told.
Sorry Lol but long working hours are getting in the way, I wish that I had your part time hours

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

I'll have you know, I have been working very hard these last few months. Why only yesterday, I woke.................

Tomorrow, I may even get out of bed.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
FOA Emmerson I will vist the Fire station for you if I can on Monday can`t go tomorrow because the station administraters do not work on Saturdays.

I can copy and paste all these posts to Lisa,s works e mail if you like,

But I think She is reading,

Or Just organise a Readers rally at the National Water sports centre caravan site which is not far from the Fire station or Lisa,s home.

Glenn
Thanks Glenn. The rally sounds a good option if all else fails!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts