gordon brown

Feb 4, 2007
Visit site
to anyone who thinks gordon brown is an unelected prime minister.

he was elected in the same way as all prime ministers have been elected in living memory. if your problem is with him being scottish you should remember that scotland is part of the united kingdom. If you just dont like him thats fair enough. I dont.

May 29, 2007
Visit site
I think he is going to wreck this country and no i don't like him. He is a pretend primeminster and a "wanna be". Nothing to do with him being Scottish, Welsh, english or irish.

Feb 4, 2007
Visit site
I agree Diane he is only out for himself. previous posts seemed to imply that he could not be prime minister because he is a scot.

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Then those people are fools and know nothing about or care about the political climate of this country. (Whats left of it after Tony Blair). I suspect these remarks where made be some one or some persons trying to inflame a situation. The way i look at it being Welsh, The irish are actually welsh who can swim and the scottish are the Welsh who like the highlands, One Celtic nation.

Ps. we have to let the English join or they will feel left out!LOL

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Colin A, if the point you are making is referring to the copy of the letter I posted you are missing the point. The point was the sting in the tail of the letter, to be English in our own country is to be a second class citizen.

Being you brought up the point of him being elected, elected by who as Prime Mininster? It certainly wasn't by the electorate but by the Labour heirachy. If Brown had been Prime Minister at the time of an election the result could have been very different. If the point of the letter was that Scottish overlord was mentioned wasn't Blair Scottish and that had nothing to do with the election result?

The sooner that Scotland decides what it wants, either independence or to stay as part of the U.K. the better but as long as Scotland goes along trying to ride two horses with one ar$e the arguments will go on and fester.

The truth of the letter, as posted, is that I, and my fellow countrymen, are second class citizens in our own land and no amount of arguing will convince us that we are wrong.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'd rather have him than Thatcher.

- Supporter of Regan PLEASE!!

* 3.3 Million unemployed

* Economy went into recession

* High interest rates, people losing their homes on a daily basis

* City of London got richer on public share sell-offs and massive bonuses for cost-cutting, the Yuppy was born into a "me first" society.

*Initiated people's right to buy their council houses - resulting in a shortage of council houses

*Poll tax - how could anyone support that?

*Coal not dole?

*Do people forget the violence which the police (so called police officers, who wern't police officers) inflicted on the striking miners?

I was glad to see the back of her. Seeing her crying on the steps of number 10 was a great day for this country.

Lisa

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I'd rather have him than Thatcher.

- Supporter of Regan PLEASE!!

* 3.3 Million unemployed

* Economy went into recession

* High interest rates, people losing their homes on a daily basis

* City of London got richer on public share sell-offs and massive bonuses for cost-cutting, the Yuppy was born into a "me first" society.

*Initiated people's right to buy their council houses - resulting in a shortage of council houses

*Poll tax - how could anyone support that?

*Coal not dole?

*Do people forget the violence which the police (so called police officers, who wern't police officers) inflicted on the striking miners?

I was glad to see the back of her. Seeing her crying on the steps of number 10 was a great day for this country.

Lisa
If you want to be brave and start a topic on Thatcherism go ahead Lisa because there are one or two Thatcherites in this forum ;O)

BTW, I too was glad to see the back of her and that whining, drawling voice of hers. She certainly taught her son how to rip a few people off and make a shilling, albeit illegally.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Bring it on L.B. God bless Enoch is what I say!!!

ttfn
Mike, I've never voted conservative in my life but to me Enoch Powell was the acceptable face of conservativism. It's just that he didn't fit in because he spoke the truth and was ostracised for it. Another who was ostracised was Arthur Scargill. Forget his political affiliations, he told the truth and was proved to be correct.

May 6, 2006
Visit site
Mike, I've never voted conservative in my life but to me Enoch Powell was the acceptable face of conservativism. It's just that he didn't fit in because he spoke the truth and was ostracised for it. Another who was ostracised was Arthur Scargill. Forget his political affiliations, he told the truth and was proved to be correct.
My Lord B

You are so right

Feb 4, 2007
Visit site
LB he was elected by his party, same as all party leaders.

If you feel like a second class citizen in you own country then I am sorry but that is the way most scots have felt for hundreds of years.

Colin

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Colin i think that he should have been elected by the country not his party. If it had gone to a vote , what ever race creede or colour, he would not have got in.

Correct me if i am wrong, but i think that is what L.B. was getting at.

The only race LB has a problem with are the Welsh, so i think you may have your wires crossed sir.

May 31, 2007
Visit site
Sorry Lisa, but the point of the post wasn't who we would prefer to be Prime Minister. The point was about the English being second class citizens in England :O)
In what way exactly are the English 'second class citizens'?

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunately LB, I think the situation in Scotland is rather like the one in wales. They think that having a parliment that they will have home rule, (poor misguided patriotic souls) There will never be home rule and this is just another plan by the goverment to devide an conquer.

The parliment in thought was a good idea(cant spell the welsh one)but over the years people have come to realise that it is a total waste of tax payers money, all it is, is a stage for local polititions and wanna be's to have big ideas and waste tax payers money.

Here in wales the vast majority think like that how it is in Scotland you will have to Ask Colin A or the Scotch lad (I thought scotch was a drink)?

May 31, 2007
Visit site
What, you think if GB had been leader we would now have Micheal Howard as PM... you people are just making yourselves look foolish...

and if it's not about him being Scottish, how come you keep mentioning it so often....

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lol Diane ;O)

You are correct in your assumption that the point I was making is that with Brown as leader Labour wouldn't have won the last election.

Colin A, if you feel that aggreived now is the time to do it, vote for independence and I truly wish you all the success in the world. Maybe then, if the English can get the yoke of the E.U. off our backs England will be in charge of her own destiny and will no longer be subsidising each Scot to the tune of

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
George, sighhhhh, you still haven't read what I have posted (edited). To re-iterate I said that I had never voted Tory in my life and I also posted that I, like Lisa, was glad to see the back of Thatcher. Please get the facts right George because you seem a well balanced person, (edited).

Do you recall your attack on me because I used the word Jock and you told me I was insulting all Scots by using it?

In my haste and to correct myself because I didn't mean to insult anyone I asked two online Scots colleagues if by using the term I would be insulting them, both replied in the negative.

One even implied that all Scots soldiers are known as Jocks in Scottish regiments. That I wouldn't know but he is ex-military so I would think he knew what he was talking about.

After I posted that reply you went silent and I would suggest you do the same here (edited).

Again George, I didn't write the letter (how often do I have to say this to get through to some) but as I posted to Colin A, the point was that we, as English in England, are made to feel 2nd class. Now do you comprehende?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately LB, I think the situation in Scotland is rather like the one in wales. They think that having a parliment that they will have home rule, (poor misguided patriotic souls) There will never be home rule and this is just another plan by the goverment to devide an conquer.

The parliment in thought was a good idea(cant spell the welsh one)but over the years people have come to realise that it is a total waste of tax payers money, all it is, is a stage for local polititions and wanna be's to have big ideas and waste tax payers money.

Here in wales the vast majority think like that how it is in Scotland you will have to Ask Colin A or the Scotch lad (I thought scotch was a drink)?
Scotch is a drink Diane, don't start George off again .. hehheh!

SL uses the nic I think probably because he likes a tot of the beverage :O)

Regarding Parliament I think some, because it is in London, see themselves as being governed by the English, that's how sad it is.

I couldn't give a monkey's where the Parliament is based but then again I haven't an axe to grind apart from the unfairness of the Barnes Formula.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm sorry Your Moddyship but George has ranted before and as an English patriot I feel I need to defend the English.

After all didn't the Scots have BraveHeart, well I'm the Anglo Saxon version, LouwesPhart.

May 31, 2007
Visit site
...and I ask again, in what way are the English 'second class citizens'... ? Just repeating the claim over and over again doesn't give it any more meaning?

Curiously enough, after the 'Jock' incident, I did indeed 'go quiet' because I really wasn't being that serious, but then the other day on a Radio4 quiz program, one of the Scottish guests was referred to as Jock, and promptly took offense, I guess if the person it's directed at is offended, then it's offensive.

George

May 31, 2007
Visit site
Lol Diane ;O)

You are correct in your assumption that the point I was making is that with Brown as leader Labour wouldn't have won the last election.

Colin A, if you feel that aggreived now is the time to do it, vote for independence and I truly wish you all the success in the world. Maybe then, if the English can get the yoke of the E.U. off our backs England will be in charge of her own destiny and will no longer be subsidising each Scot to the tune of

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts