Got it at long last!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
After four months of waiting we are now the proud owners of a series 5 Bailey Senator Arizona.Bit of an early Christmas present all that remains now is to take it out and road test it and see how many faults we can find ( not many we hope) and once again get used to making a bed up at night after having spent the last 2 years having a fixed bed model but at the cost of a tiny toilet come shower compartment. Will keep you all posted as to how we get on with it faults problems etc.

Wishing you all a very happy Christmas and very enjoyable caravanning in the new Year.

Allan & Gill.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Allan

Look forward to hearing your findings as fixed beds/washroom were the things we deliberated about before settling for a nice washroom. We get ours in January, so perhaps we can compare notes.(Lunar Quaser 524).

Happy Christmas to you and happy caravanning for 2007.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
First little nigle,not over impressed with the al-ko wheel lock, must admit that it is very secure but very awkward to fit. And on top of that the caravan club insurance are not offering any discount for using it, so I have just been out and bought a al-ko hitch lock as my old 2007 model would not fit..........another Item for sale!!!!!!!

Allan & Gill.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Allan

You have said exactly what we had been told about this device, so if there is no insurance benefit, we too will go for ease of use as well as security.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,

Test run completed and all seems well with no faults to report. Awkward pulling out the bed again after two years of having a fixed bed, but Gill came to the rescue and made it look an absolute breeze. But from my point of view (Gill), being quite short (5'2"), I find the main work surface quite high, it comes well above my waist level (must have been designed by the male species of the caravanning world), but nil else to fault. Over the moon with the end washrooom and the amount of room that we now have. So all in all, it looks like we will not be missing the fixed bed, they are good but you sacrifice a lot of room which can be better used during the day. Just one quick note on the Al-KO wheel lock, the main problem we have is that when the van is at home it is tight up against two fences, therefore, we cannot not manoeuvre the van to get the reciever to line up. This then necessitates jacking the van up and spinning the wheel to achieve alignment, but on site, there is no problem as we just line it up using the motor mover.

Best wishes, Allan and Gill (will keep you all posted when we use the van again, early in the new year we hope)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Pleased everything went well on the first trip Allan. We have the Oklahoma and moved to the fixed bed from an end washroom like your Arizona. Don't think we would move away from the fixed bed know but both myself and Andrea miss the full rear washroom. Think we will have to keep saving and go for the Wyoming next!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts