Grantown on Spey.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyone stayed here. Looking at some of the pics, quite a few vans need levelling blocks, is this the case across the whole site.

Any thoughts or info on this site appreciated.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Thingy

We had a week there in 2007. This is a CC Affiliated site. First class all round . Your comment surprised me because we had no need of any levellers at all. The whole site is mostly flat. I had a pitch which was serviced and included a socket to receive a satellite signal for your sky box . There is an excellent dog walk, miles of it in fact along the old disused railway track at the back and above the park. Half a mile along this track you will be looking down on Grantown enjoying the vista.
In town there are plenty of good shops and pubs. The one we used was at the far end of town very dog friendly and cosy. Less than a slow 10 minute walk from our pitch. Time I went back :cheer:

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Dusty. I actually know the area extremely well but have never had the caravan up, years back we used to tent at Glen More/ Loch Morlich.

I do know the site has been highly improved recently but Googling pictures of it showed one pic of caravans at full extension of the steadies. As sites try to show pics of only the best pitches i just wanted to check.

On the superpitches they now supply a sky box inc in the price and also superfast wifi.

We are also looking at a day trip to Orkney to see Skara Brae. Ferry only takes an hour from St Margarets Bay and will give us a full day on Orkney.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts