"Green Taxes"

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Robin

We are being taken for as ride and have been for sometime now, it is just one big excuse to tax us to the hilt and there is little we can do about it.

AND THE POWERS THAT BE KNOW IT, RIGHT!!!!

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Opinions may be divided but there's plenty of evidence that climate change is man-made.

In any case, taxes are simply a way of raising money, they don't have to be justified.

If you complain you're being taxed too much, you also need to decide which public service should have it's spending slashed.

Political parties put their policies up for examination at general election time and then the public decides.

The bit that annoys me about green taxation is that it doesn't apply to air travel - so caravanners who support the UK tourist industry get hammered while other holidaymakers who jet off and support foreign economies pay virtually no tax.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
There is no concrete proof that climate change is man made just like there is no proof it isn't but either way the government are going to screw us as much as possible.

Any one else having the tax on their 4 year old 1.8 L saloon car increasing by nearly

Aug 4, 2008
Visit site
I think most of us wouldn't mind paying a little extra in green taxes - if the money was actually used for the purposes this bunch of crooks try to make us believe it is.

Going back just a few weeks, one of the heavy broadsheet papers, tried to get official figures for the exact amount of money raised in green taxes versus the amount spent. As far as I know they are still waiting for the reply....

However they worked out some crude figures and it was something like only 9% of the money raised went even remotley to green issues.

woody

G

I think most people strongly object to paying green or any other extra tax's and in the UK you've had more of them than many other countries.

When asked about green tax's many just go with the PC answer's rather than be seen to rock the boat and speak out.

This week I've seen that Russia has added around 1.4 million new cars to their roads. Add how many the Chinese and other growing countries have added it makes a nonsense of green tax's in the UK and Europe.

Then take the USA vehicles and don't forget to add in the throw it away fuel habits of producing Arab countries and others like Venezuela where a couple coffee's for you and the wife can cost you more than filling your fuel tank.

What ever the truth is, UK and European Tax payers are being taken as suckers.

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
There's no such thing as a "green tax". Tax is tax and all of it goes in the same bucket anmd is used as seen fit by the government. Where do you think the billions and billions that good old Alistair and Gordon are doling out to the banks are coming from?

Wail till next year, however they dress it up, they will be after even more of your hard earned.

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The dramatic RD tax increases being applied to cars at present have nothing whatsoever to do with Global warming, the use of the word 'Green' is simply applied by our dishonest leaders to somehow justify the misery the increases will cause.

They have been clever to reduce the tax on some cars (which is nonsense from a 'Green' point of view) at the same time as increasing on others to ensure they split the driving population into groups some for and some against.

They have also boxed clever by hitting groups of drivers in separate batches so that there is not one single uproar, E.G tax on existing cars registered after approx April 2006 were hit last April as were new cars, next comes the rest of the older cars. Small groups of people moaning have less effect than every one complaining at the same time.

The Tax on my Tow car has increased by

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
It's the rate of change for the climate that's the evidence for man-made climate change.

Natural cyclical changes in the past were much, much, slower than the present rate of change.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh dear i really shouldn't get into this, but I have to agree with the views that global warming is largely a con. I live in rural Somerset and when I dig in the garden (as infrequently as possible) i turn up fossil oyster shells and other evidence that this was once a tropical sea bed. Equally, I can find evidence of glacial valleys. So how did the latter get to the former in the absence of my 4x4 aand all the other things ?

Now I will admit that we may be accelerating the cycle between cold and tropical slightly, but "slightly" is the operative word. In the overall scheme of things changes in CO2 are natural. Again i will grant that CFCs may have influenced the holes in the ozone layer, but these are now gone - and your asthma inhaler is somewhat less effective as a result, as the CFC free propellants have other problems, but it this is a low order effect when seen against the overall historical cycle.

"clean air" is obviously beneficial to health (but not to black spot in roses) but let us not hide this undoubted benefit under the apron of "saving the planet"

I may as well end this - possibly my last as a Mod - by declaring my belief that nuclear power is the best short-term option: this is particulary ironic as HMG sold off the rights to current nuclear generation technology a few years ago and is now likely to have to buy it back.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ooops again, I should have trasnferred all this to the Chit-Chat forum as I suppose it can only broadly be classified as Caravan related - except that all this Green Tax stuff may well have the effect of making caravanning more expensive / less acceptable

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts