Gutted - Help & Advise Please

Mar 14, 2006
Visit site
Just found out that our brand new Adria Adora has been stolen today . 6 weeks old and not been away until 2 weeks time.

Got the crime no, spoken to Crisis. Tried ringing the insurers but they are closed....

It was full of brand new tackle :-(

The theives had gas bottles to the hitchlock - they kindly left it.

We are insured via Caravan Club... any ideas how long it can take to sort out?

We are booked to go away for the whole of August / Sept in it!

Adrian

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Sorry to hear your bad news Adrian, if you find time could you please give a little more detail. Was it in storage, or on your drive etc. The scum bags who do these things need gutting.

Regards

Val& Frank

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Adrian, very sorry to hear of your loss of van. We had ours broken into a while back, and a lot of stuff taken from it, but the van was not stolen, probably as living on the Isle of Wight they would be seen getting on the boat to take it to the mainland.

We are insured with the CC and Devitt, who the insurers actually are, were very quick and very efficient with our claim.

as has been said so many times on this and other forums, if they want it,they will have it,regardless of how many security things you have fitted.

Mar 14, 2006
Visit site
Adrian, very sorry to hear of your loss of van. We had ours broken into a while back, and a lot of stuff taken from it, but the van was not stolen, probably as living on the Isle of Wight they would be seen getting on the boat to take it to the mainland.

We are insured with the CC and Devitt, who the insurers actually are, were very quick and very efficient with our claim.

as has been said so many times on this and other forums, if they want it,they will have it,regardless of how many security things you have fitted.
my wife just summed it up, we had only been away for a weekend away .... but it feels like they have been in our house!!!!

Anyway fingers crossed will wait and see in the morning how we go with the insurance.

Will keep you all updated, lets see how good the insurance companies are!!!

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
hiya adrian

sorry to hear about your van i can't write down what i think of these scum bags who done this and hope you get sorted for your holidays

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
my wife just summed it up, we had only been away for a weekend away .... but it feels like they have been in our house!!!!

Anyway fingers crossed will wait and see in the morning how we go with the insurance.

Will keep you all updated, lets see how good the insurance companies are!!!
hiya again

I would'nt be supprised if its someone who you know who's done this 2you and hope all goes well with the insurance was it in storage or in your drive

Mar 14, 2006
Visit site
I wish you well, but will the insurers not want to wait to see if it is recovered!
thats what I thought, but we spoke to the CC insurers who said that most are not recovered quickly and if they are the owners want a replacement.

Fingers crossed, claim form on route.... got a depo on last Adora 532 UK in West Yorks. So we should be ok

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Adrian

So sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm insured with CC and Devitt. I had my caravan written off in April. I had the cheque in my possession three weeks later. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the insurance company.

If you haven't already done so, I'd ask them if you are covered for hiring a caravan for your holidays. (Claim the cost back, if so).

Regards.

Lisa.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Hi Adrian

Sorry to hear about your loss i know how you feel ours was stolen in march.CC paid out within 6 weeks they let a month pass after the theft before they would let us put a deposit on another van.Was told only a 3% recovery rate of stolen vans

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts