Has anyone been to Naburn Loch Caravan Park near York ????

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
We are about to go on holiday in a few weeks to Naburn Loch Caravan Park near York.Is there anyone been there? if so what did you think of it.? We like York and with this site being near York and it has the River Bus near by then I thought it would be ideal to stay there.Regards Helen

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
There is also a bus - of the wheeled variety - into York from the stop at the site entrance. If you take the river bus double check the departure point for the return journey; it was not as advertised when we took it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Helen,

this is a lovely site the couple runninng it are very down to earth people if you have a problem they'll sort it.You are made to feel very welcome.We used the river bus also the nearby park and ride which was very reasonable and well York is a fantasic city.The park did consist of a family section and an adults section which suited us.But yes go enjoy the park there isn't a bar there or any entertainments but there is a small shop for essentials.Enjoy your holiday a must is the Jorvik centre.Jimbob

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Robert ,

Thankyou very much for your reply.

Yes we do get a click from the tap when I turn it on.But the pump still working.SO another job for dad to do when we take it out by the sounds of it.To check the micro switch is connected properly.We did notice when dad put it on automatically the wires connected themselfs when he put the switch in.He took it out and hey presto the wires connected by themselfs clever little things.There is a small white plate maybe its on the wrong way??? Do you think? regards Helen

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
There is also a bus - of the wheeled variety - into York from the stop at the site entrance. If you take the river bus double check the departure point for the return journey; it was not as advertised when we took it.
Hi Mike E.

Thanks for replying (I'm finding friendly people on this forum willing to help Great )

Thanks for the info on the bus to York and we will try the boat and ask questions regarding pick up and departure times.We have booked into the Adult section to give us a little bit of peace and quiet.Hope we won't be dissapointed,hope the weathers good.So I thank you again and will enjoy our caravaning, and York .

Regards Helen

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Helen,

this is a lovely site the couple runninng it are very down to earth people if you have a problem they'll sort it.You are made to feel very welcome.We used the river bus also the nearby park and ride which was very reasonable and well York is a fantasic city.The park did consist of a family section and an adults section which suited us.But yes go enjoy the park there isn't a bar there or any entertainments but there is a small shop for essentials.Enjoy your holiday a must is the Jorvik centre.Jimbob
Hi Jimbob,

As I said to Mike on Forum.I'm finding lots of friendly caravaners willing to help a first time Caravaner.

It sounds a nice park.We are looking forward to it and we have booked into the Adult section just to get a little peace and quiet hopefully! We are looking forward to exploring York, what is the Jorvick Centre? Is it shopping centre? If so dad will have to get the wallet out ,treat us Ha Ha.

So thanks again and I'm sure we will enjoy.

Regards Helen

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Just a further thought Helen if museums interest you. When we visited two years ago the admission ticket to the Castle Museum gave multiple entries and was valid for a year so no need to belt round in one visit. And there is enough to see to warrant more than one visit. You are right to consider busses - water or otherwise. Some of the city centre parking charges make you wonder if you are buying the space not just renting it for a few hours !

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Just a further thought Helen if museums interest you. When we visited two years ago the admission ticket to the Castle Museum gave multiple entries and was valid for a year so no need to belt round in one visit. And there is enough to see to warrant more than one visit. You are right to consider busses - water or otherwise. Some of the city centre parking charges make you wonder if you are buying the space not just renting it for a few hours !
Hi Mike

Thanks once again.Yes we do like museums ,I agree the cost of parking if your'e lucky to get one is expensive .I like your comment. I also agree I think they overcharge for parking.So thanks again.Looking forward to it.

Regards Helen

Jan 6, 2007
Visit site
we went for 10 days in late june, site lovely, basic loo and showers but water hot and no charge, our only problem was the force of the wind at the time, not too much shelter from it, york is a lovely place to visit, even the dog came too, on the bus and on the steam train to 'heartbeat' land much to do around, no swings for children if you have them though more an adult site you can catch a boat to york at the week end, but a 9.30 start makes it a long day

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
we went for 10 days in late june, site lovely, basic loo and showers but water hot and no charge, our only problem was the force of the wind at the time, not too much shelter from it, york is a lovely place to visit, even the dog came too, on the bus and on the steam train to 'heartbeat' land much to do around, no swings for children if you have them though more an adult site you can catch a boat to york at the week end, but a 9.30 start makes it a long day
Thanks Jayne,

Sounds like there's a lot to do and see in the area. Steam train sounds great, dad use to work with the Railway.Where abouts is it?Looking forward to going on boat to.Just hope we get the weather.!!! So just thought I'd say thanks for your Info.

Regards Helen

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
We went at the end of June for a 3 night break without the kids and it was very nice. As mentioned above, the facilities are quite basic and quite a trek from the far end of the adult only area where we were pitched but they are very clean and the water was hot. It's in a lovely spot with a short, level stroll to the river. The 1 hour river bus journey into York made a very pleasant start to the day and was also a relaxing way to finish after a day of sightseeing. Just around the corner is the York Outlet for retail therapy. An added bonus for us was the late checkout time of 2pm which allowed us to stretch our kid-free weekend a little bit longer. When you drive through Naburn to get to the site, you can't help but notice the smell from the nearby sewage works but don't worry, you can't smell it from the site!

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
We went at the end of June for a 3 night break without the kids and it was very nice. As mentioned above, the facilities are quite basic and quite a trek from the far end of the adult only area where we were pitched but they are very clean and the water was hot. It's in a lovely spot with a short, level stroll to the river. The 1 hour river bus journey into York made a very pleasant start to the day and was also a relaxing way to finish after a day of sightseeing. Just around the corner is the York Outlet for retail therapy. An added bonus for us was the late checkout time of 2pm which allowed us to stretch our kid-free weekend a little bit longer. When you drive through Naburn to get to the site, you can't help but notice the smell from the nearby sewage works but don't worry, you can't smell it from the site!
Thanks Claire/Rob,

Just back from Naburn Loch had a great time though the weather wasn't good.I agree this little site is great.very clean and Catherine and Peter made us feel very welcome.Peter even helped reverse my caravan in to my pitch as I am a first time caravaner. Nothing was a problem to them very helpful. Looking forward to going back again soon .Regards Helen

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts