has anyone stayed at le grand large normandy

Apr 5, 2008
Visit site
we are going for two weeks in august, any help with which way to drive there we are getting the ferry from cherbourg ? what is the camp like, will i need a two pin plug for the electric,can i up the electric from the 6 amp offered ?anything else would be great help thanks in advance lee

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
We have not actually stayed on this site but did visit to have a look around whilst staying at Le Cormoran on the other side opf the peninsular a couple of years ago. The site looked very clean, level and well laid out. Pool area looked inviting and the site has direct access to the beach. It is always worth taking your adaptor and also reverse polarity lead as there can be different electrical requirements even on the same site.

The site is well signposted from Les Pieux and there are good directions in the Caravan Club Holiday Guide which you will get if you book via them. If you don't - come back on the forum and I will set out directions for you.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Directions according to mappy.com:

21 kilometres - takes 28 minutes:

0 m 0H00 Cherbourg, Basse-Normandie (50100, 50130, France)

Take the exit to Cherbourg-Octeville and continue on the Rue Louis Lansonneur (D900) [2.04km]

2 Km 0H04 Take the D900 (Rue Jules Ferry) [3.57km]

5 Km 0H08 Take the right turn on to the D900 [740m]

6 Km 0H09 Continue on the D904 [4.24km]

10 Km 0H13 Continue on the D650 (Route de Cherbourg) [9.81km]

11 Km via Virandeville

20 Km 0H25 Enter into Les Pieux on the Rue Centrale (D117) [880m]

21 Km 0H28 Les Pieux, Basse-Normandie (50340, France) Campsite on the Rue de Grande Large, signposted in Les Pieux

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
Hello Lee been to this site 3 times first for 1 week,then 15 days, and last time in 2004 for 3 weeks.First of all you dont need 2 pin plug and i think its now 10 amp which is no problem unless you are taking your 42inch plasma.

The site is a cracker direct access to at least a 2 mile deserted beach, great sand for kids.One small splash pool for infants and a larger pool for elders,pool area,toilets,showers all spotless clean.

Pitches are mixed some larger than others try and pitch towards end of site (away from beach) as pitches are quite larger.

Pool side bar nice with resturant cooking basic if pricy nice food,shop ok and fresh bread daily. Pizza man cooks on site once a week which are very good.

Les Pioux has lovely market once a week,village has a few resturants and bars which are worth trying.

Only reason we have stopped going is cost of ferry now p+o have cancelled their sailings and also the weather you get same as what cornwall get and the last time we went we exprinced all types from gale force to thunder to sun into the 80s.But saying that if the weather is kind its great.

If you need any more info on site or surrounding area please contact me i have lots of information. Injoy grand large it is the best around Normandy . Nigel

Apr 5, 2008
Visit site
Hello Lee been to this site 3 times first for 1 week,then 15 days, and last time in 2004 for 3 weeks.First of all you dont need 2 pin plug and i think its now 10 amp which is no problem unless you are taking your 42inch plasma.

The site is a cracker direct access to at least a 2 mile deserted beach, great sand for kids.One small splash pool for infants and a larger pool for elders,pool area,toilets,showers all spotless clean.

Pitches are mixed some larger than others try and pitch towards end of site (away from beach) as pitches are quite larger.

Pool side bar nice with resturant cooking basic if pricy nice food,shop ok and fresh bread daily. Pizza man cooks on site once a week which are very good.

Les Pioux has lovely market once a week,village has a few resturants and bars which are worth trying.

Only reason we have stopped going is cost of ferry now p+o have cancelled their sailings and also the weather you get same as what cornwall get and the last time we went we exprinced all types from gale force to thunder to sun into the 80s.But saying that if the weather is kind its great.

If you need any more info on site or surrounding area please contact me i have lots of information. Injoy grand large it is the best around Normandy . Nigel
hi thanks for the infomation lee

TRENDING THREADS