Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Myself and my wife borrowed a caravan a few times about 5 or 6 years ago and wen't along with friends from my work, was more like an extended pub crawl really but good fun. well 2 kids later and our first trip abroud with them ir proved somewhat difficult with 3 suitcases and 2 pushchairs. Baby number 3 arrives and we blow airports and planes out for a few years. Been to Centre Parcs a few times now but very expensive and a bit samey when you been a few times. We decided to get a caravana and see some of the UK and Europe. We bought a 2006 Abbey Spectrum 520 in September 07 and changed our car from a Ford S-MAX (great car)to a new shape Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0L CRD due to weight. We have been to a few club sites now and the kids love it. We have booked a couple of Park Resorts during the school holidays so the kids have more to do and 3 weeks in France during the summer holidays. We will be going to Paris, then South Brittany and the Normandy before heading back. Being 31 yrs old I get a few odd looks from people when towing our caravan but have found other caravanners to be very pleasant and helpful. I thinks its one of the best things we have done as a family and we are all looking forward to many graet holidays in it.

Darren, Leanda and kids.

Dec 27, 2007
Visit site
Hi Darren, Leanda and kids

Welcome to caravanning, we are new to it as well, we bought our first caravan in September 07, we were also getting fed up with going abroad and all the hassle of airports etc and decided that we would like to see more of the UK and eventually go further afield to France and maybe Jersey or Guernsey.

We have been camping in a tent before and found the people so friendly and very helpful and thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm sure you will have some great holidays too. It would be great to hear how you get on in France as we are thinking of doing that in the future.

Have fun

Dawn & Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts