Hello from the Black County!

Jan 26, 2006
Visit site
Hi there.

Picked up our caravan on Saturday, an Abbey County Oxford 1991, and took it straight in for a service. It's a great caravan for it's age with loads of sockets, hot/cold water, blown heating, end bathroom (bigger than ours at home!) etc...

Fetched it from the service place on Monday and just about managed to squeeze it on the driveway (I thought it was 6'6" wide, turned out to be 7'). Just in the process of buying all the kit (as cheap as poss) and looking forward to our first holiday in 4 weeks (me, wife, 21 month old and 3 month old). Never towed before this week, but parents had caravan (Abbey Durham 1977) when I was a kid so it wasn't completely new. Went well hitched to Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate. A bit nervous of motorway and passing trucks and also of setting up on site never having done it before. Any advice gratefully received please! Think this forum is great, and I hope fellow caravanners are as friendly as they were growing up in the early 80s.

Cheers all, see you out there!

P.S We always used to stay on River Valley Country Park in Relubbus years ago, beautiful site. Just reading Gordon Channers book 'Follow that caravan', as he was the owner at that time. It's a series of 5 books, highly recommended!

May 18, 2006
Visit site
Hi John and welcome. We used to have an Abbey County Stafford 1992. We sold it last year. It was a great caravan and we had few faults with it. When I sold it I had it serviced and a damp check done and there was no damp anywhere. A good solid van which gave us years of pleasure.

If you need any help/advice just ask:)

Graeme.

Jan 26, 2006
Visit site
Hi John and welcome. We used to have an Abbey County Stafford 1992. We sold it last year. It was a great caravan and we had few faults with it. When I sold it I had it serviced and a damp check done and there was no damp anywhere. A good solid van which gave us years of pleasure.

If you need any help/advice just ask:)

Graeme.
Thanks Graeme.

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Hi John

We have a County Oxford -also new to caravanning, used it three times this year and about 1200 miles. Utterly excellent caravan - however watch the noseweight, I reckon mine is 70 kg with no load.

Please do let me know how you get on - happy to exchange e mail addresses if prefer.

Cheers

Howard

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi John

as fellow resident of 'middle England' !!! welcome.

You've probably already ready many pieces of advice and tips.

However , just take your time , dont be scared to ask and most of all enjoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts