Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Just joined the forum and thought I would introduce myself we have been caravanners since 1976. Looking forward to some friendly chats.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi Welcome.

Have a look at the Woosie meets this year. Perhaps you might join and meeting some of the "crazy" people on the forum attending the two meets. Just saying.

First is Spring meet, a small but fun one https://www.thornbrookbarn.co.uk/

Then September meet http://www.elmcottage.co.uk/

Check all the posts on the Woosie thread, (back end )

Have fun.

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Having been caravaning for a number of years, this was our first caravan. I think it was called a Nene Valley or that was where it was made. This was us at Ashurst camp site in the New Forest 1976.

IMG-0144-2.jpg

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi SeaDog and welcome to the forum.
Like you, we started caravanning in the 70's, before Wastmasters were available and you just had a bucket under the pipe to collect the waste water, a foot pump in the caravan floor for water in the sink, portapotties and we recall the gentle noise the gas lighting made, situated above the table where we played scrabble or spread out the maps for the next days outing. We don't miss hitting our heads on it though and breaking the mantle, which we were forever doing! We had solid glass in the windows too, which used to run with condensation every morning and no Hekki in the roof, like we have now. But great days and we cut our caravanning teeth in the highlands of Scotland, for many years, where we were living at the time.
By the way, we love the picture of the pooch!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi Seadog
welcome to the forum. Commiserations on having owned a Morris 1300 in mushroom. We had the Traveller version in the same colour. I still suffer panic attacks thinking about it. Most unreliable car ever owned. It even broke down near to North Petherton when that section of road was a two lane A road joining new sections of motorway/dual carriageways. Not good news on a busy Bank Holiday. Even the day I sold it a drive coupling went! Happy Days though.

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Hello OtherClive & Mealson wheels,
Yes come a long way from that little car, it was given to us by my step Mother and the caravan was £95.00, no electric & no foot pump. The car gave up the ghost and for a number of years towed with a Cortina Mk2 Estate. We remember meeting a chap on a CL in Moreton in Marsh and invited us in to see his new van which had hot running water, it was like magic.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
SeaDog said:
Hello OtherClive & Mealson wheels,
Yes come a long way from that little car, it was given to us by my step Mother and the caravan was £95.00, no electric & no foot pump. The car gave up the ghost and for a number of years towed with a Cortina Mk2 Estate. We remember meeting a chap on a CL in Moreton in Marsh and invited us in to see his new van which had hot running water, it was like magic.

Snap. After selling the Morris 1300 I then bought 1300cc Mk Cortina. A far better car that did us well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts