Help me decide!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Our mate Dave Clarke uses a campervan to tow his caravan I think Kev.
You could contact him via Facebook to ask him about the pros and cons.

Reactions: Gagakev
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thats wicked OC, it would solve all our problems, best of both worlds.

Could even strap the grandkids to the roof rack :whistle:

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You may not like this folks but I'm thinking of going to the other side, you know the motorised type!!

What does it really matter what other people might think about your personal choice? Its a free country, and I say if that what you want, they that's fine. I do suggest you think carefully about the logistics (which it seems you have done so already) such as how to get out and bout from the sites etc. but as long as your happy with it, then do it!

There are plenty of people who get lots of pleasure from using a motorhome, and when others start to cast aspersions on motor homer's its reflection of their own narrow mindedness.

When the lock-down ends, get out there and enjoy whatever type of accommodation you wish.

Reactions: Beachball
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
That might suit your needs as well
Don't know if you would be able to climb that ladder Kev. 😂.
A friend of mine had the same thoughts, borrowed a small motorhome, and said the noise of things ratteling around was deafening whilst travelling.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Differences between Campervan and Motorhome:

Campervan -

A van equipped as a self-contained travelling home, campervans are normally smaller than a motorhome. There is generally no divide between the cab and the living quarters. Campervans usually have basic facilities for cooking, washing, and sleeping.

Motorhome -

A motor vehicle built on a truck or bus chassis and designed to serve as self-contained living quarters for recreational travel. There is normally a divide between the cab and the living quarters behind, which contain sleeping space, ablution and kitchen facilities.
Where did you find those definitions? So what is the definition of a motor caravan? Is a horse drawn unit that can be lived in also a caravan. LOL! :ROFLMAO:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Don't know if you would be able to climb that ladder Kev. 😂.
A friend of mine had the same thoughts, borrowed a small motorhome, and said the noise of things ratteling around was deafening whilst travelling.
Hey Hutch dont forget I'm a scaff..........dealt with much bigger ladders than that. :)

Reactions: Beachball
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Kev,
A bit late into this one. I have thought about the same thing but in truth it doesn’t suit us. Like Ray , space is important , something we all enjoy in the caravan . The campervan will be cramped . Toilet? Plus It will need insuring tax mot service etc. If it is weekends have you thought about Air B&Bs. Thinking about your initial capital cost outlay for the campervan and running costs AB&B could work out a lot cheaper. Alternatively glamping?
Or could you get Mr Fleety onto your flatbed truck🤪🤪🤪🤪

Reactions: Gagakev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
2010 Bessacar E495 Motorhome Diesel this sleeps 6 U shaped lounge Low Mileage 29,678 Excellent Condition .
i would think (Kev) would be ok in this

Attachments

• OIP.jpg
    OIP.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 4
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Kev,
A bit late into this one. I have thought about the same thing but in truth it doesn’t suit us. Like Ray , space is important , something we all enjoy in the caravan . The campervan will be cramped . Toilet? Plus It will need insuring tax mot service etc. If it is weekends have you thought about Air B&Bs. Thinking about your initial capital cost outlay for the campervan and running costs AB&B could work out a lot cheaper. Alternatively glamping?
Or could you get Mr Fleety onto your flatbed truc
if i was (Kev ) i would hire a new one and see if he likes it:D:D:D

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
TENTERVANHOME🤪🤪🤪
Now we have gone full circle. Kev , Get yourself a trailer tent. They erect in minutes and are very roomy .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
TENTERVANHOME🤪🤪🤪
Now we have gone full circle. Kev , Get yourself a trailer tent. They erect in minutes and are very roomy .
Can only use in the summer plus danger of canvas rotting if it is nto kept under cover. We looked at some for the daughter and decided a better option was a proper caravan. Some of them cost almost as much as a small second hand caravan with all the facilities.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts