Apr 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi to everyone

Im new so please be gentle

My sisters and myself are looking at buying a static caravan for my dads retirement.

We have found a couple of caravans but we are having trouble finding a site to accept caravans coming from off site

does anyone have recommendations for sites around 1 to 1.5 hours away from Birmingham, looking for a site with coarse Fishing and golf, either on site or close by.

any help will be very much appreciated.

regards

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You'll be lucky to find anywhere, Steve. The buying and selling of statics is a big earner for site owners. Very few let you bring one on without a hefty financial stake. Same goes when you want to sell. If I was you, I would look into this more and ask a few pertinent questions. You will be shocked at some of the common practices done on these sites. Better still, consider the touring caravan, much better in many ways and much less of a money pit.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Apr 24, 2007
Visit site
You'll be lucky to find anywhere, Steve. The buying and selling of statics is a big earner for site owners. Very few let you bring one on without a hefty financial stake. Same goes when you want to sell. If I was you, I would look into this more and ask a few pertinent questions. You will be shocked at some of the common practices done on these sites. Better still, consider the touring caravan, much better in many ways and much less of a money pit.

tHANKS FOR THE REPLY

I was fearing that answer

I had called a few and they allwant you to buy one of theres

WE thought about a tourer but no where to store it

wouldnt go round the driveway and couldnt leave it a front

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Two to three hundred pounds a year should get you a decent storage facility for your caravan. Some times it's better to store the caravan away from your home anyway. If the local undesirables see that it's gone missing from your drive, they know that no one is at home. Still way cheaper than a static.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Other options,

Look for a seasonal pitch, use an 8m tourer, advertise locally for someone local to tow it to a site. Benefit, 1 not tied to one location, move it year by year 2 Please yourself who you sell it to. 3 Maybe depreciation will be less ???

Val & Frank

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts