Help with ADAC Lutz

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I have just filled in our form for ADAC breakdown service and after clicking the send I get this message.

Bankleitzahl. Fehler Das Feld Bankleitzahl. Muss mit einer auchstelligen sahl ausgefult werden um ihre /anfrage su bearbeiten.

I believe I may have filled in the bank details wrong but cannot see why. Can ou help Lutz please

Aug 29, 2005
Visit site
Unfortunately the German form for your sort code (Bankleitzahl) does not recognise the dashes between the three pairs of numbers;

eight consecutive numbers are required in the field.

That's why you received the error message in German.

I have had the same problem myself, so now I either pay the membership fee in cash at a German bank when I am over there, or send the cash to a friend who lives in Germany and does it for me.

You might get away with writing a letter to ADAC including your credit/debit card details, but this might be a bit risky.

Hope that this information helps.

Regards

Roland.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Yes, Roland's got it about right. The application form that the ADAC have on their website is obviously just a translation of the German version, designed for payment from German bank accounts only. These have an 8 digit sort code with no hyphens. Direct debit between countries will not be possible until provisions are made to use the 8 digit international BIC sort codes and all account numbers are transferred to the international 22 digit IBAN system (heaven only knows who is supposed to be able to remember their own account number when that happens).

For the time being, Roland's suggestion to contact the ADAC in writing, asking for the ability to pay by credit/debit card is a good one.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Roland and Lutz for the info. I have sent an email to ADAC and hope to hear back from them have had a receipt email already.

I need to get this sorted now as we are going to Germany and Austria on 15th April. We cannot wait to get there our favourite countries.

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi Dianne

Please let us know how you get on as I also want to sign up with ADAC for my June-Sep trip. I am amazed they do not take Mastercard or Visa for payment. Only other option is to use Royal Mail International Registered delivery.

I have checked out Lloyds Bank and their minimum charge is

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Dianne

Please let us know how you get on as I also want to sign up with ADAC for my June-Sep trip. I am amazed they do not take Mastercard or Visa for payment. Only other option is to use Royal Mail International Registered delivery.

I have checked out Lloyds Bank and their minimum charge is

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Well am getting sorted at last but just want to confirm with those who already have ADAC Breakdown and Recovery. What package have you taken or are you taking.

1. Adac Partner Package at 60 euros or

2. ADAC Partner Plus Package at 98.70 euros.

What we are not sure is what the advantages and added properties the Plus has. It isn't too clear on the website in English.

I had an answer to my email this morning and you can pay by Credit/debit card if you apply by Fax. They sent me a 2 forms to download and fill in one for Application the other for Card Details. So suggest anyone who wants to join ADAC to email them and do the same.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The Partner Package covers you and your family in Germany only. The Partner Plus Package is worldwide.

The Partner Plus for 98,70 Euros offers the following coverage (worldwide, except where stated otherwise):

- Repatriation in case of illness or injury, by ADAC Flying Doctor Service, if necessary.

- Travel expenses up to 512 Euros to visit a close relative who has to remain at least 2 weeks in hospital while on holiday.

- Repatriation of children.

- Repatriation of pets.

- Return transport of vehicle if the owner himself is unable to drive back.

- Cash for emergencies, up to 500 Euros, including return transport in case of death.

- Costs for interpreter, up to 160 Euros (worldwide, except Germany).

- Shipping costs for eyeglasses and medication (worldwide, except Germany).

- Additional costs up to 2600 Euros for unplanned return back home.

- 65 Euros per person per night for up to 3 nights additional hotel expenses incurred as a result of an medical emergency.

- Assistance to recover or replace lost travel documents (up to 260 Euros).

- Up to 103 Euros expenses for emergency transfer of funds.

- Return transport of vehicle (valid only within Europe).

- In case of breakdown, accident or theft of the member's car, car rental for the return journey home (up to 500 Euros) or up to 7 days' rental (up to 52 Euros per day) while the repair is being carried out (Europe only).

- Up to 3 nights hotel accommodation while the vehicle is being repaired, max. 65 Euros per person per night (Europe only).

- Breakdown assistance charges up to 200 Euros (Europe only).

- Up to 200 Euros towing and parking charges for a broken down vehicle. Costs for recovery of vehicle are covered in full (Europe only).

- Up to 120 Euros for replacement of a lost or defective car key while on holiday (Europe only).

- Shipping costs for spare parts (all Europe, except Germany).

- Any import duties payable if vehicle is scrapped and related scrapping charges (all Europe, except Germany).

I hope that helps.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
The Partner Package covers you and your family in Germany only. The Partner Plus Package is worldwide.

The Partner Plus for 98,70 Euros offers the following coverage (worldwide, except where stated otherwise):

- Repatriation in case of illness or injury, by ADAC Flying Doctor Service, if necessary.

- Travel expenses up to 512 Euros to visit a close relative who has to remain at least 2 weeks in hospital while on holiday.

- Repatriation of children.

- Repatriation of pets.

- Return transport of vehicle if the owner himself is unable to drive back.

- Cash for emergencies, up to 500 Euros, including return transport in case of death.

- Costs for interpreter, up to 160 Euros (worldwide, except Germany).

- Shipping costs for eyeglasses and medication (worldwide, except Germany).

- Additional costs up to 2600 Euros for unplanned return back home.

- 65 Euros per person per night for up to 3 nights additional hotel expenses incurred as a result of an medical emergency.

- Assistance to recover or replace lost travel documents (up to 260 Euros).

- Up to 103 Euros expenses for emergency transfer of funds.

- Return transport of vehicle (valid only within Europe).

- In case of breakdown, accident or theft of the member's car, car rental for the return journey home (up to 500 Euros) or up to 7 days' rental (up to 52 Euros per day) while the repair is being carried out (Europe only).

- Up to 3 nights hotel accommodation while the vehicle is being repaired, max. 65 Euros per person per night (Europe only).

- Breakdown assistance charges up to 200 Euros (Europe only).

- Up to 200 Euros towing and parking charges for a broken down vehicle. Costs for recovery of vehicle are covered in full (Europe only).

- Up to 120 Euros for replacement of a lost or defective car key while on holiday (Europe only).

- Shipping costs for spare parts (all Europe, except Germany).

- Any import duties payable if vehicle is scrapped and related scrapping charges (all Europe, except Germany).

I hope that helps.
Thankyou so much Lutz for your help. Will go ahead with the Partner Plus. I am sure this will also help Alan when he comes to applying. Will be glad to get it sorted then we will be already for the off on 15th April as far as paperwork.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Alan

Hope my last Post and Lutz's answer helps you with your application. It is good we are able to pay by Debit/Credit card

isn't it? Will be sending ours off tomorrow by fax. I have thanked Lutz for all his help. Wish I could understand and speak more German. I am trying hard.

Jul 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dianne, glad that you managed to sign up with ADAC,Ive been a member here in the UK for several years now,When you get your membership card you will notice the "Show your card "logo which gives discounts on various attractions and shops throughout europe.You will also recieve a small discount when filling up at Shell stations in Germany,i only found out about this having filled up on the Autobahn last year and the cashier asked if i was an ADAC member,he put my membership card in the payment machine and i recieved the instant discount,Every little helps as they say. You can also ask ADAC for one of their excellent Tour Sets,which is free, its a pack of maps a touring/camping info etc, just let them know when a where you are going and that you are towing a caravan and in just over a week it should land on your doormat nicely packaged in its Yellow trvel wallet. Hope this helps

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Lutz and Jonathan for the info to-day. Well I did fax all details through to ADAC but have not received confirmation yet so hope it got through OK. Discount off fuel cannot be bad in these economic climate.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Well thanks to Lutz and Jonathan we are now members of ADAC Partner Plus for 98.70 euros.

I received an email this afternoon confirming this so anyone who wants to join you can download the English version of the Application form on line. If you email Kathrin Wenzl at service@gks.adac.de she will send this form plus the payment form to pay by Credit Card by email. Fax number +49 89 7676 4222 is the one to fax to.

Thanks to Practical Caravan for the Forum which enabled us to solve this problem at a much better price than anyone in the UK, who would actually take on a car with a large caravan, could offer.

Johnathan I could not give my email address on line sorry. Now with Camping Card ordered from the CC we are "all fit" for the off through the tunnel on 15th April for our 6th European Tour.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Well thanks to Lutz and Jonathan we are now members of ADAC Partner Plus for 98.70 euros.

I received an email this afternoon confirming this so anyone who wants to join you can download the English version of the Application form on line. If you email Kathrin Wenzl at service@gks.adac.de she will send this form plus the payment form to pay by Credit Card by email. Fax number +49 89 7676 4222 is the one to fax to.

Thanks to Practical Caravan for the Forum which enabled us to solve this problem at a much better price than anyone in the UK, who would actually take on a car with a large caravan, could offer.

Johnathan I could not give my email address on line sorry. Now with Camping Card ordered from the CC we are "all fit" for the off through the tunnel on 15th April for our 6th European Tour.
Hope I made this clear Kathrin will send forms by email. You need to print them fill them in by hand and then Fax them to the above number.

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
Many thanks for all the info folks. I will sign up next month and annually thereafter. Much better value than Red Pennant or any of the other UK based European cover packages which only give you cover for the trip (or multi trip) at an extortianate price.

Question - do they also cover us while motoring/towing in UK? I think they should but do not see a UK number to call for breakdown - only the main Munich number?

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes they do cover in UK. I expect you have to ring Munich and then they contact a recovery company in the UK. The opposite that we would get with Green Flag in UK if we are in Europe.

If you go back to my initial posting under European Breakdown Cover last added to on Friday Feb 27th you will see what other members with ADAC say.

We are very pleased to have this cover and with 2% off fuel (as well). It as a bonus being able to pay by Credit Card by Fax too. Hope you get on OK. Let us know.

Jul 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alan, Yes ADAC do cover the UK, when you join you will receive an ADAC Plus service booklet, its in German but on the back cover is a list of telephone numbers for different countries, you will find the number for Grosbritannien(Great Britain) this actually puts you through to the AA who will come out a assist,you can also call the RAC using your ADAC Plus cover this is because both AA & RAC are ADACs sister clubs here in the UK. I have to say though that i still keep my UK only recovery active with double journey cover etc but the ADAC Plus would be used for Home Start here in the UK and of course i would use their full service on my travels throughout europe. Interestingly, ADAC have an emergency centre in USA which covers both the US & Canada. ADAC are truly an excellent organisation.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
For further information:

The ADAC breakdown service covers caravans so long as they are hitched up to the car when the breakdown occurred. Single axle caravans of up to 10 metres overall length are covered although twins are treated as single axles if the distance between the two axles does not exceed 1 metre.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Lutz for the info. We would not have thought of calling in ADAC or less there was a problem when travelling with the caravan hitched to the car.

I did ask the other day, Prac.Caravan if they would give you my email address and you would email me yours so I could send an amusing photo to you I took here in Austria on the Nockalm Strasse last week. It was where they had cut thro the snow to open the road and on one side of the road was the name Lutz with a number after it carved into the snow. I wondered if you had been there before us?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I haven't received any mail from PC although you can send me the picture by clicking here.

I can't say that I've been where you mentioned. In fact, apart from just passing through Austria on our way to Croatia a couple of years ago, I haven't been to Austria for 40 years!

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Lutz Was I mean't to click with left or right mouse and then what do I click as nothing came up with the left click? Never done this before.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Lutz Was I mean't to click with left or right mouse and then what do I click as nothing came up with the left click? Never done this before.
Whoops, yes, I must have entered the link incorrectly, sorry. Here it is again, hoping it works this time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lutz I am thinking of taking out the Adac insurance but my problem is I had a triple heart bypass in march this year can you please advise of what I will have to do thanks Chas.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts