Help with Caravan Insurance

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our van is just over 5 years old therefore I feel that my present insurance which allows new for old up to 5 years of age needs review.
Secondly, as now in our mid seventies a replacement new caravan in the event of a total loss would no longer be in our interests. In short, in the event of a total loss, we might prefer a cash settlement which my current insurer tells me would mean a settlement at current secondhand values
Thirdly, to insure at secondhand values would reduce our premium.
Would welcome any advice.....
Particularly in respect of how to value our van (Feb 2007 Bailey Senator 5 Indiana) for the purpose of obtaining a new quote.
Many thanks for any contribution.

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
My Bailey has just come to 3 years of age and i have done the same gone for market value.I just went in my local dealer and enquired value.If it is of any help they have a 2006 Senator series 5 Indiana at £9995, so possibly add a £1000 to that price.

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
We have a Bailey Indiana Series 5 2006. I got my insurance though C&CC and get what I paid for the van £10.995 , up to the age of 10 year old. I think this is a good deal for me, and my insurance went down £35 this year.
Connie

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Look at dealers websites to gauge a value and then add the cost of things such as mover, fixed additions. Some insurers don't include equipment as part of the van value so you estimate what you think it is worth and that is then insured as a seperate package within your policy. Both main clubs will give what they feel is the van market value and for a 5 year old van this should be reasonably accurate, but you can also compare using a dealer web search.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts