Hi everyone.

May 26, 2008
Visit site
We (hubby and myself) have purchased a 2002 fleetwood as our first caravan, have a nissan almera. we dont pick it up for another week but have already been out and purchased all the starter bits and bobs that we will need for our first weekend away. The breakdown and insurance searching is turning me grey but thats another story.......We didnt realise there was so much to sort out, but am sure it will all be worth it. We are looking forward to the trips we are planning and will be here alot asking for advice about this and that. I bought my first practical caravan mag yesterday and stayed up very late reading my way through it.

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi Sylvia

Addictive, isn't it? We often sit in bed reading such magazines! Anoraks, I think we're called!

It's a great hobby for gadgets and accessories - you can never stop buying them!

Have you planned a trip yet?

My top tip would be to make sure you've erected the awning BEFORE you arrive on a site, so you know what you're doing (unlike us, who didn't)!

Best of luck and enjoy!

Mac

May 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Mac. Well we got her home safe and sound and is in storage. We took a flask of coffee down with some of the equipment yesterday afternoon and just sat for 2 hours chatting and drinking coffee with friends who were with us. It was so nice even sitting there on the storage site :0)

yes we are going out this weekend to a place called ferry meadow, somewhere local with friends just to settle us in. And thanks for the tip re the awning. Hubby said it should be a doddle. Watch this space, I may just have my camera with me......

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sylvia

Welcome to your new hobby. We love every minute in ours.

I suggest you seriously consider joining the Caravan Club. Their web site has loads of excellent advice for newbies including the clubs own insurance arrangements. What to do and how to it articles are excellent as well as some of the courses they run.

Where ae you planning to go on your travels?

Cheers

Alan

May 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Alan. We have gone the whole hog (excuse the pun) and joined both the biggest clubs. It will take me forever to read through the books they have sent me. Will make interesting caravan reading. We are staying close to home for the 1st few times we go out. Planning our big trip to France with friends in July next year. Hopefully by then we will be experts at it (one can dream)

Also planning to go somewhere for 4 days over christmas but stuck for idea's????

Have started printing tips and idea's from here to put in the lightweight folder for the caravan. (something tells me it wont be light for much longer)

May 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi. Well thats my 1st time over..... Went to Ferry Meadows at the weekend and I had the time of my life. We both felt a little sad on the journey home that we couldnt stay longer but decided to go away again the weekend after next.

Added a few things to my 'bring next time' list, but the one item I will be purchasing asap is a lightweight hoover, no matter how careful we were, the amount of GRASS that ended up in the van was amazing. And me, on my hands & knees with dustpan & brush at the end of a lovely weekend was not my idea of fun. So any recommendations for a cheap, light & upright hoover would be appriciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts