Hi, still very little information available when looking at specifications but does any make have king sized fixed beds in the latest models?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forum EllyG

I very much doubt it. Fixed beds are either transverse or longitudinal. We have transverse and a king at home, I have got used to my feet overhanging a bit and I am only 5’7”. The width is something like a standard bed. To get to a king would lose a wardrobe.

Longitudinal have walkways down both sides and a caravan has limited width.

John

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
You could get king-size length from the front dinette conversion, indeed by omitting the front cabinet you'd get greater than king-size width - but that's not a fixed bed.

Reactions: EllyG
Oct 14, 2021
Visit site
The only one we have found is the Adria Adora Tiber. We really like the styling and the fact that it is an 8ft wide van but it is very long at 8.2 metres. The fixed bed is 5ft wide (king size). If the overall length was under 8 metres, we would buy it. not found any other caravan with that width fixed bed.

Jan 13, 2022
Visit site
The only one we have found is the Adria Adora Tiber. We really like the styling and the fact that it is an 8ft wide van but it is very long at 8.2 metres. The fixed bed is 5ft wide (king size). If the overall length was under 8 metres, we would buy it. not found any other caravan with that width fixed bed.
Thank you, I keep looking at the Adria caravans, I do like them. It is the width we are wanting not the length although we are both tall. Even the dining area bed would be worth looking at if we had the width.

Jan 13, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to the forum EllyG

I very much doubt it. Fixed beds are either transverse or longitudinal. We have transverse and a king at home, I have got used to my feet overhanging a bit and I am only 5’7”. The width is something like a standard bed. To get to a king would lose a wardrobe.

Longitudinal have walkways down both sides and a caravan has limited width.

John
Thanks, it is not the length that is the issue although we are both tall. The twins only seem to have narrow beds too.

May 23, 2021
Visit site
Is it just for two people to use i.e. no children? The Elddis or Compass 585 has a rear lounge with corner sofa, which would give the option of keeping the front area as a bed all the time. As a pp has said, the front chest can be removed, leaving a sleeping area of 5 feet plus in width.

May 23, 2021
Visit site
Alternatively, I don't know if it would be possible to have a fitter remove the chest of drawers from a rear twin bedroom. If so, it should be a relatively straightforward matter to insert a box like structure on the floor between the two beds, with a custom sized block of memory foam on top, giving the whole width of the van as a sleeping area.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
If you buy a 2 birth and make up the front bed-it is usually huge and the equal of a super king-from memory our little Avondale Argente was very large in spite of the front cupboard-and on our Buc this comes out too if you so wish-if you don't want to make the bed up each night-simply get a van with a dinette kitchen and leave the front bed made up?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have a king size at home and our last van had a front bed made up from the two lounge seats. It was a large as the home bed. At 6 ft 4 inch I never had any problem with space and my wife found it comfortable as she often used it when our teenage granddaughter came with us. Yes it needs setting up but she did that whilst I took the dogs for their last comfort break. It took her about 5 minutes and that would include fitting the protective covers and throws as the dogs invariably found their way onto the bed.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Other than he Adria, I think the only way to get the very large bed you want is using the front lounge to make one up. Even then you will need to check out the size as some are not that big, although you will normally get extra length which can make finding bedding more difficult.

Jan 13, 2022
Visit site
Except as you get older getting out of that set up becomes problematic. Some of the German makes have bigger beds and have been looking at the 8ft Bailey Grande range. The Alicante and Rimini have wider singles which look a good alternative. I don't want to spend a considered sum of cash and not be comfortable.

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts