Highlands End Dorset

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Anyone stayed at Highlands End camping site (number 69 in the top 100 parks)at Eype Bridport Dorset. Is the access steep?

Thanks in anticipation

Iona

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have stayed at Highlands End several times. The touring section of the park is probably the best part. As the name suggests the site is quite high and right next to the coast. Spectacular views over Lyme bay and nearby West Bay. Really nice walk into West Bay from the site. Excellent facilities, always nice and warm. Good resturant plus indoor swimming pool. No problem getting to the site, a bit narrow but not steep. I think its rating of 69 out of 100 would be about right.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just to clarify I would rate it in the top 30 of the 100 parks. It really is a very nice site, one of the best in Dorset in my opinion.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Geographically it's well placed in Dorset. The pitches are well spaced out and last time I was there the toilets were immaculate. Access from the roads is easy. There's a lovely sandy uphill walk direct from the site onto the coastal path and the beach.

Cheers

Dustydog

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks

Your replies are encouraging. I know the site is windy since it is on the cliff top. We are looking for a quiet site but also one with tennis and preferably a pool so this sounds ideal. Others we are thinking of are Wood Farm Charmouth and Wilksworth Farm.

Iona

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks

Your replies are encouraging. I know the site is windy since it is on the cliff top. We are looking for a quiet site but also one with tennis and preferably a pool so this sounds ideal. Others we are thinking of are Wood Farm Charmouth and Wilksworth Farm.

Iona
I have stayed at both Woods Farm which is good and convienent for visiting Lyme Regis. Wilksworth is a quality site with excellent facilities. Although near Wimbourne you still have to travel a bit to get to Bournemouth or poole etc.

Given a choice of the 3 sites for a holiday I personally would go for Highlands End.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts