Hoburne Park - Cotswolds

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
Having returned from 2 wet weeks in St Ives I need to take the children somewhere fun so I am looking at booking 10 days at above site. It seems to have loads for kids, even in wet weather which is what we need.

The reviews on UKcampsite are generally good but just wondered if anybody here has visited the site. My boys are 10 and 7 and like to take their bikes when camping. The indoor pool looks great but websites can be very misleading. Not bothered about the food side of things as I love cooking on the Cadac anyway, assuming its not raining. Beach shelter sorted that for us in Cornwall, lol!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Louise

I'm sure that some time back there was a thread on this forum regarding Hoburn where members mentioned that youngsters could not sleep in awnings.

I don't know if your children sleep in the awning but be careful if they do because apparently the park wardens at Hoburn check up.

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Parksy - if only we were so lucky. They sleep in bunks in the van with us but I am looking forward to the day when they will sleep in the awning and then we can have a fixed bed instead of them!

Mar 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi Louise, Hoburne is a great park, large clean pitches,clean loos, good entertainment, we usually go there 2/3 times a year amongst other places,we've been to a lot of sites over the years and find this one hard to beat.Hope this helps,stuart1

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
Hi Louise - was actually at Hoburne Cotswolds when you posted your query. It is a fantastic site we have been going at least 3-4 times a year and would go more often if we lived nearer.

It has a very safe friendly site with great size pitches, there is plenty to do for the children. The wardens are very helpful and obliging, keeping the showers and toilets spotless.

You will enjoy it if you go.

Pauline

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Stayed here as well - ditto other comments.

I would add there is great cycling around the lakes - flat mainly quiet roads with plenty of different activities to do/watch at the different lakes.

If you like a bargain Swindon outlet centres are not too far away.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts