How Close have you been?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering what is the Least travelling you have done to get to a site?
SWMBO fancies a site less than 2 miles from the front door, now I would normally have a problem with this but as she wants to just go at the last minute this weeekend I am tempted,
Would you do it?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We're going to one 40 mins from our house this weekend if that helps. Part of the point for us is to get away from all things we feel compelled to do at the weekend that don't get done in the week because we are in work (like cleaning up, the boring bits of gardening, sorting out a cupbard, etc etc). When we are in the van it is an escape and where the van is sited makes little difference for a weekend. In fact the easier the site is to get to the better. Hope this helps.
mel

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Three miles to Lucksall CC site.
At one time it was handy for a weekend with a change of view looking over the river. Nice taking the dogs along the river too but now we are both retired it's not worth the bother for just a weekend although we love this site.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
3/4 of a mile from storage to cossgrove park its great pool tenis ,golf bar ect ect when you are in side its great flower beds lakes it takes longer putting mirrows on ,

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
forest gump said:
3/4 of a mile from storage to cossgrove park its great pool tenis ,golf bar ect ect when you are in side its great flower beds lakes it takes longer putting mirrows on ,

Dont talk about mirrors, fitted mine wrong last time and cracked the main car mirror.
Think I might treat Ladygaga this weekend as it will be just us and no kids or grandchild
wet.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Passenger mirror it was,
FG Please Please Please Dont do the Gok the thing that bloke needs a new life
wish this was a forum where I could print my true feelings about him
wet.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Forest, this post was started just for you really.

HOW CLOSE HAVE YOU BEEN? (to changing gender)

Now if you need advice about a transformation then I'm sure there will be someone on here to help you in your hour of need!!!
smiley-undecided.gif

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
back to the OP, we use a site just three miles up the road, at the Whistle Inn, near Blaenavon. Mainly if we run a rally there, but occasionally just for a quiet weekend, and enjoy a meal and a drink without having to drive home.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Less than one mile. To Tredegar Park CC site when we bought a new 'van in 2003 we took it there to make sure the awning, etc, fitted.

Didn't even have to cancel the milk

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
O.k I'm convinced now, we are going for it,
And the excuse is, we need to double check everything is in working order as it will only be our second stay in this van
smiley-cool.gif

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
The closest site we use from home is about 15 miles. There are a couple of sites within a mile or 2 of where we live, but I cant see the point of stopping so close as we like to go out and about when we're in the caravan.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I say chaps Ive been reading your posts with care here,I have to say our van is in storage and there is CC site within one mile of storage ,and I guess the rate fuel is going up I will have to see if I can get some body tow our van there for us.
Sadly not much left nowadays let at Buggram Hall to sell ,all the silver has gone,sacked all the Maids Im even thinking of selling Folkham Hall but never mind I ll see you chaps later.
Toodle Pip Sir Roger

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Just phoned the site, guess what they are fully booked
smiley-frown.gif

Oh well onwards and upwards, nearest ones now are about 10 to 12 miles,
gotta go, got to find something, or OH will chop my legs off,
let you know later what happens

Feb 18, 2009
Visit site
The first trip out each year is to a CC site just 13 miles away. Our van is in storage so this gives us a chance to see if everything is working after the winter lay-up. Also if we have forgotten to pack anything it isn't too far to come home.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Just managed to find one, about 15-20 mins from home
smiley-cool.gif

Most of the sites I tried either dont open until early April or if they are open they dont take dogs ( there loss)

So at 3.00pm I leave work and then head for them there hills,

Have a nice weekend folks.

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I know people who have 'camped' on the drive before, just to test all the systems out and what have you. Could make putting the awning up a bit tricky, especially if you have block paving.

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
doing it for the first time next weekend as said before good way to make sure i havent forgot anything just pop home and get it great.going on friday drop kids at school set up then pick them up.for FG is that cosgrove park in mk

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
We have a one hour rule for weekend locations. We have discovered you don’t need to go very far from home to discover new places and have a wonderful time. Once pitched, we try to use mainly feet or bikes and have discovered so many fascinating details which we would never encountered otherwise. During the winter I do the research on CLs with a view, compile a list and work through it from March to October.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts